PřF:C7195 Advance biochem. lab. course - Course Information
C7195 Advance laboratory course of biochemistryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 5 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Bouchal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. David Novák (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Jan Lochman, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- C4220 Biochemie - laboratorní cvičení C6200 Biochemické metody
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 24 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/24, only registered: 0/24, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/24
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should understand the recently teachings of biochemistry which can be summarized follows: separation and isolation of biomolecules (proteins, nucleic acids, low molecular compounds), purification biomolecules (affinity chromatography), measuring interaction between biomolecules, methods for enzymes activity determination, immunochemical methods, work with cell cultures and modern diagnostics methods.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to: - Perform PCR-RFLP analysis - Isolate RNA from biological material - Perform reverse transcription - Perform qPCR and evaluate data - Perform 2D electrophoresis - Perform native electrophoresis - Expressed recombinant proteins in E. coli and isolate them - Conduct critical evaluation of obtained data
- Identification of Armillara sp. in soil by nested PCR-RFLP analysis The role polymorphism in ADH gene for its activity Cloning of PCR product into plasmid Study of Paracoccus denitrificans proteome changes in alteration from anaerobic conditions to aerobic conditions by 2D-electrophoresis Detection of isoenzymes for ascorbate peroxidase and peroxidase by native PAGE Determination of changes in PR genes expression in tobacco plants Expression and purification of recombinant proteins Use of bioluminescence in vaccine preparation
- Návody ke cvičením - viz Studijní materiály
- Teaching methods
- Laboratory course
- Assessment methods
- Credit course
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.