PřF:Z4042 Geography of services - Course Information
Z4042 Geography of servicesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Ondřej Mulíček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jana Línová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Ondřej Mulíček, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Ondřej Mulíček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Tue 16:00–16:50 Z5,02004
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Z3090 Human Geography || Z3090p Human Geography
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: to give the deeper geographic insight into the tertiary sector; to describe functional and spatial differentiation of services; to depict principle development trends at the regional, national or global scale.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- describe the diversity of the service sector;
- identify trends in spatial pattern of services;
- analyze retail on an urban and regional scale;
- describe the role of telecommunications in the spatial division of labor;
- 1. Geography of services - introduction, differentiation and principle trends within tertiary sector, position of services within the global and regional economy; 2. Production services - definition, principle trends, spatial pattern; 3. Telecommunication - trends, impacts on the development of tertiary sector; 4. Financial services - definition, principle trends, spatial pattern; 5. Logistics - definition, principle trends, spatial pattern; 6. Consumption services - position within tertiary sector; 7. Retail activities - definition, principle trends, spatial pattern.
- monotematické vydání časopisu Professional Geographer (1995) 47, 1, Blackwell, Cambridge
- SZCZYRBA, Zdeněk. Transformace struktur maloobchodní sítě České republiky : (regionálně geografická analýza s důrazem na Olomoucko). 2000. 145 s., 13. info
- Services and metropolitan development : international perspectives. Edited by P. W. Daniels. London: Routledge, 1991. xxii, 331. ISBN 0415008522. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching methods - lectures, class discussion, homework.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium (oral) tests the ability of independent thinking within the subject.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught last offered.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/Z4042