PřF:F9070 Experimental methods of biophy - Course Information
F9070 Experimental methods of biophysicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Ctirad Hofr, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD. (lecturer)
Mgr. Karel Souček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Basic methods of analytical chemistry and biophysics and molecular biology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biophysics (programme PřF, M-FY)
- Course objectives
- The goal of this course is to provide students with the ability to
- list and describe techniques necessary for study of structure and function of biomolecules
- apply this knowledge to DNA and proteins study.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to:
- understand principles of biophysical methods of experimental analyses of function and structure DNA and proteins
- apply and combine biophysical methods for investigation of interactions and functions of biomolecules
- Separation methods (HPLC)
- Electrophoresis of biopolymers
- Vibrational spectroscopy (IR, Raman, ROA)
- Factor analysis in spectroscopy
- CD and LD spectroscopy
- Calorimetry of biopolymers
- Scaning probe microscopy
- Fluorescence spectroscopy (FRET)
- Teaching methods
- lectures with class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/F9070