PřF:FB502 Deposition and film analysis - Course Information
FB502 Deposition and analysis of thin filmsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. RNDr. Vilma Buršíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Daniel Franta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Jurmanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Slavíček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Souček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Monika Stupavská, PhD. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lukáš Zábranský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Pavel Souček, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Pavel Souček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- This course provides students with the means to familiarize themselves with the principles, possibilities and limitations of thin film deposition techniques as well as the techniques for their analyses. This knowledge and experiences are necessary for a correct choice of methods utilised during the students' research work during their studies as well as during their future careers.
The objectives can be summarized as:
- to familiarize the students with different thin film deposition techniques
- to familiarize the students with different techniques for thin film analyses
- to enable the students to acquire practical skills with these techniques
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- understand the different deposition techniques
- understand the different analysis techniques
- critically asses the possibilities and limitations of the different techniques
- correctly choose the techniques to achieve desired results
- 1. PVD/PE-CVD deposition techniques
- 2. XPS - X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy
- 3. SEM - Scanning Electron Microscopy
- 4. Micro- and Nanoindentation
- 5. Advanced Ellipsometry Methods
- 6. AFM - Atomic Force Microscopy
- 7. X-Ray Diffraction
- 9. Raman Spectrometry
- 10. Surface Energy Analysis
- recommended literature
- Handbook of Thin Film Technology, FREY, Hartmut, KHAN, Hamid R, ISBN 978-3-642-05429-7
- Handbook of thin-film deposition processes and techniques : principles, methods, equipment, and applications. Edited by Krishna Seshan. 2nd ed. Norwich, N.Y.: Noyes Publications, 2002. xxviii, 62. ISBN 0815514425. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures and laboratories
- Assessment methods
- Successful completion of the course will be based on completed laboratory reports.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials