PřF:S5050 Field seminar Life Scie - Course Information
S5050 Field seminar Life SciencesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Jan Havliš, Dr. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Michaela Wimmerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Mgr. Lukáš Žídek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Michaela Wimmerová, Ph.D.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- ! NOWANY ( S2009 Mendel Centre Seminars , S5020 Life Science PI Seminars , S5030 MU Life Scinces Seminar , S5035 MU Life Scinces Seminar , XD010 MU Life Scinces Seminar , XD011 MU Life Scinces Seminar , Bi0011 MU Life Sciences Seminar , CB060 NCBR seminar , CC060 NCBR seminar )
This subject is dedicated solely to students within the doctoral study programmes Life Sciences at CEITEC MU. Students enrolled for S5050 subject should not enroll in parallel to subjects S2009, S5020, S5030, S5035, XD010, XD011, Bi0011, CB060 or CC060.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This seminary serves to acquaint students with the top research in the field thanks to invited guests participating in seminars organised by CEITEC or Sci MUNI listed below.
- Learning outcomes
- Students are acquainted with the latest developments in different fields of life sciences through lectures of field experts, expanding and deepening their erudition.
- Teaching methods
- Attending a prescribed number of seminar lectures.
- Assessment methods
- Each student enrolled has to attend (evidenced) during the semester at least 10 lectures en toto in these seminars:
1) *MU Life Sciences Seminar* (S5030, S5035, XD010, XD011 or Bi0011)
2) *Mendel Centre Seminars in the Bio-omics* (S2009)
3) *Molecular Medicine Seminar at CEITEC*
4) *Bioinformatics Seminar at CEITEC*
5) *Life Science PI Seminars* (S5020)
6) *NCBR Seminars* (CB060 or CC060)
7) students also are obliged to participate in Welcome & Info PhD Day during the autumn semester
every student, to receive a grade, has to supply till the end of the examination period (january 31, 2022) a list of visited seminars (which seminar and when). the entries in the list will be randomly checked against the official attendance sheets signed by students during the seminars.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: lze zapsat osmkrát
- Teacher's information
- eventual changes due to worsening epidemiological situation:
1) 10 online seminars
2) at least three online seminars available + write an essay about an interesting scientific topic (approx 2 pages).
for the grade, send the list of seminars attended and eventually the essay to prof. žídek or doc. havliš by email by january 31, 2022.