PřF:B8240 Plant genetics - Course Information
B8240 Plant geneticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jana Řepková, CSc.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- B3060 Basic genetics && ( B4020 Molecular biology || B4030 Molecular biology )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Cellular and Molecular Diagnostics (programme PřF, B-BI)
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (programme PřF, M-BI)
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (programme PřF, N-BI)
- General Biology (programme PřF, M-BI, specialization Plant Physiology)
- General Biology (programme PřF, N-BI, specialization Plant Physiology)
- Reproduction of plants and its genetic consequences. Genetic resources. Origin of cultivated species. Interspecific and intergeneric hybridization - application in plant breeding. Sex determination in plants. Incompatibility systems in plants. Genetic determination of male sterility and its significance in plant breeding. Euploidy and aneuploidy, occurrence in wild and cultivated plants. Induced mutations in plants. Heterosis. Genetics of disease resistance in plants. Transgenosis in plants. Arabidopsis thaliana and other plant model organisms.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.