PřF:C8610 Environmental Analyt.Chemistry - Course Information
C8610 Environmental Analytical ChemistryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/4/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Alena Ansorgová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Alena Ansorgová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Alena Ansorgová, Ph.D.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Alena Ansorgová, Ph.D.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Introduction to problem, specific problems of environmental analysis, character of pollution sources, transport of pollutants in the environment, general schema of analytical process.
- Sampling. Sample quality, sampling strategy, sampling program, sampling technique, size and number of samples, sampling protocol, sample preservation, transport and storage of samples. Sampling and preservation of various types of samples.
- Technique of environmental sample preparation. Extraction, filtration, sample clean-up and fractionation, column liquid chromatography, gel permeation chromatography, selective SFE. Techniques of analytical determination. Direct measurement, titrimetry, gravimetry, atomic spectroscopy, AAS, emission spectral analysis, ICP-OES, molecular spectroscopy, UV-VIS spectrometry, IR spectrometry. Chromatographic techniques, gas chromatography, coupling of GC-MS, MS/MS, liquid chromatography, HPLC on normal and reverse phases, ion-exchange and ion-pair HPLC, detectors, coupling of LC/MS, interface, other tandem technique.
- Quality of analytical data, QA/QC fundamentals.
- Processes of pollutant determination in environmental components.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.