PřF:C8610 Environmental Analyt.Chemistry - Course Information
C8610 Environmental Analytical ChemistryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Alena Ansorgová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Alena Ansorgová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Alena Ansorgová, Ph.D.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Alena Ansorgová, Ph.D.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry on level of basic lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Lecture gives survey of analytical chemistry applied to environmental samples focused to organic pollutants and trace analyses of background contamination levels. Lecture concerned to whole environmental sample analyses. There is discussed sampling of different sample types, their treatment and stocking, extraction method and clean-up steps. A part of lecture is brief characterization of final analyses method, gas and liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry. There is discussed analytical data quality assurance/quality control system and basic terms from good laboratory practice.
- I. Introduction to object, sampling techniques. II. Sampling of gaseous samples, sampler types. III. Taking of liquid and solid samples, transport and stocking of samples. IV. Continuous metering techniques in the atmosphere, semipermeable membrane sampling device. V. Extraction method for solid samples. VI. Extraction of liquid samples, gas phase extraction techniques Headspace and Purge&Trap, liquid-liquid extraction, solid phase extraction. Sample cleaning and fractionation. VII. Analytical assesment techniques, Chromatography basics. VIII. Gas chromatography GC. IX. Liquid chromatography HPLC. X. Mass spectrometry, principle and application in environmental analyses. XI. Analytical data quality, QA/QC basics. XII. Processes of pollutant determination in environmental compartments.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- přednáška, ústní zkouška
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.