PřF:C8150 Bioenergetics-sem. - Course Information
C8150 Bioenergetics - seminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Igor Kučera, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Igor Kučera, DrSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 11:00–12:50 C05/107
- NOW ( C8140 Bioenergetics )
This tutorial runs parallel to the lectures on bioenergetics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The objective of the seminar course is to integrate the quantitative aspects of bioenergetics with the students' knowledge of physical chemistry. Skills in scientific calculations, processing and interpretation of experimental data will also be increased.
- Solving assigned items from the obtained sets of bioenergetic problems 1. Energy exchange between a system and its surroundings 2. Energy content of nutrients 3. Thermodynamics of chemical reactions 4. Thermodynamics and kinetics of membrane transport 5. Proton motive force and its measurement 6. Thermodynamics and kinetics of redox reactions 7. Topology of respiratory chains 8. Energy conversions in the cells
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Jednosemestrový seminář v rozsahu 2 hod týdně. Jsou zadávány úlohy k samostatné domácí přípravě.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.