PřF:M6130 Fundamental stat. methods - Course Information
M6130 Fundamental statistical methodsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 4 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Marie Budíková, Dr. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Okrajek (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ivanka Horová, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Fri 12:00–13:50 M1,01017
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
M6130/02: Thu 10:00–10:50 M4,01024, Thu 11:00–11:50 MP1,01014, M. Budíková
M6130/03: Fri 8:00–8:50 M3,01023, Fri 9:00–9:50 MP1,01014, M. Budíková
M6130/04: Thu 9:00–9:50 M4,01024, Thu 10:00–10:50 MP1,01014, P. Okrajek
- M7521 Probability and Statistics || M3121 Probability and Statistics I
M7521 or M3121
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Mathematics (programme PřF, M-MA)
- Course objectives
- The discipline contains exploratory data analysis, nonparametric statistics, statistical tests employed with two samples and with three and more samples, goodness-of-fit tests and statistical tests employed with multivariate samples. Upon completing this course, students will master the basic techniques of statistical software data analysis and will understand fundamental principles of selected statistical methods.
- Exploratory data analysis:histogram, empirical distribution function, moments, description of time series, indexes, multivariate data samples, graphical representation of dependence two or more variables. Nonparametric statistics: rank and rank statistics. Rank tests for one sample. Statistical tests employed with two samples: t-test, F-test, Wilcoxon and sign tests, comparison samples from binomial distributions. Statistical tests employed with three and more samples: ONEWAY, F-test, Kruskal-Wallis test, test of homogenity for binomial samples. Goodness-of-fit tests: Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, chi-square test. Statistical tests employed with multivariate samples: Pearson's correlation coefficient, Spearman's correlation coefficient.
- MICHÁLEK, Jaroslav. Biometrika. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1982. 404 s. info
- ZVÁRA, Karel. Biostatistika. 1. vyd. Praha: Karolinum, 1998. 210 s. ISBN 8071847739. info
- ANDĚL, Jiří. Statistické metody. 1. vydání. Praha: MATFYZPRESS, 1993. 246 s. info
- CLEVELAND, William S. Visualizing data. Murray Hill: AT & T Bell Laboratories, 1993. 360 s. ISBN 0-9634884-0-6. info
- Teaching methods
- The weekly class schedule consists of 2 hour lecture and 2 hours of class exercises with special statistical software in computer classroom.
- Assessment methods
- At the end of semester, students submit a written task. The examination is written and is complemented by practical computer aided data analysis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.