PřF:C8860 Synthesic Methods of Green Che - Course Information
C8860 Synthesic Methods of Green Chemistry (Selected Chapters)Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 11:00–12:50 A08/309
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 22 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course are the following: An advanced course of methods of synthetic chemistry for students of organic and inorganic chemistry. Theory and applications of modern synthetic methods, i. e. phase transpher catalysis methods, ultrasound action, microwave irradiation and photochemistry in syntheses.
- Sustainable development and sustainability in chemistry (Green chemistry, cleaner production). Resources and principles. Chemical synthesis as a process. Wastes, their classification, waste management. Life-cycle assessment of chemicals. Metrics of synthetic chemistry. Principles, goals and methods of green chemistry. Sophisticated approach as basic method of the green chemistry. Design of chemical synthesis. Solid support and its application in the synthesis.
- Phase transfer catalysis (PTC), principles, catalysts, lipofility of ions. Two-phase systems s-l, l-l, g-l, tri-phase systems. Inverted PTC. Applications in synthesis.
- Micellar catalysis, surfactants and syntheses in water. Principles, materials, syntetic applications.
- Sonochemistry, principles, cavitation, comparison with PTC, apparatus, synthetic applications. Influence on heterogenous s-l, l-l, g-l) and homogenous reactions. Activation of heterogenous catalysts (metalls).
- Mikrowaves (MW) and synthesis. Principles, application methods and techniques.Snthetic applications.
- Solid supported reactions, principles, materials, synthetic applications
- Ionic liquids, ionic liquids as solvents and catalysts, comparison with clasic solvent, syntetic applications.
- Supercritical liquids (Sc-l), Sc-water and Sc-carbon dioxide.
- required literature
- PAZDERA, Pavel. Chapter 1. Emerging Ubiquity of Green Chemistry in Engineering and Technology. In Chen, D; Sharma, SK; Mudhoo, A. Handbook on Applications of Ultrasound - Sonochemistry for Sustainability. Boca Raton FL USA: CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, 2011. p. 1-21, 21 pp. ISBN 978-1-4398-4206-5. info
- not specified
- Green chemistry and processes, M. Doble., A.K. Kruthiventi, Elselvier, AP London 2007.
- Green chemistry, an introductory text, M. Lancaster, RSC London 2002.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Lectures,consultation, homeworks,oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: každý lichý rok.
General note: Znalosti budou vyžadovány u státní závěrečné zkoušky z organické chemie v magisterském studijním programu!.