PřF:C6560 Biochemistry-lab.course - Course Information
C6560 Biochemistry - laboratory courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/4. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Pavla Boublíková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondrej Kováč (assistant)
- doc. RNDr. Oldřich Janiczek, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 18. 2. to Fri 17. 5. Tue 8:00–11:50 A15/212
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- C5720 Biochemistry || C3580 Biochemistry || C3181 Biochemistry I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should have the basic knowledges of basic properties of compounds important for biochemistry, and methodological approaches in the study and analytical application of enzymes including qualitative and quantitative reactions of carbohydrates, amino acids, proteins and nucleic acids,enzyme kinetics and properties of enzymes.
- Qualitative and quantitative determination of carbohydrates. Qualitative and quantitative determination of aminoacids. Quantitative determination of proteins. Isolation, analysis and determination of nucleic acids. Separation methods. Determination of enzyme activity. pH effect on enzyme reaction. Enzyme kinetics. Inhibition of enzymes. Enzymatic determination of metabolites. Substrate specifity of enzymes. Immobilization of enzymes. Respiratory chain chain of aerobic organisms. Photosynthesis.
- Návody ke cvičením - viz Studijní materiály
- VOET, Donald and Judith G. VOET. Biochemie. Translated by Arnošt Kotyk. 1. vyd. Praha: Victoria Publishing, 1995. S. II-XIV,. ISBN 80-85605-44-9. info
- VOET, Donald, Judith G. VOET and Charlotte W. PRATT. Fundamentals of biochemistry. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1999. 1 sv. ISBN 0471586501. info
- Teaching methods
- laboratory courses
- Assessment methods
- The first exercise is devoted to learning about safety in biochemical laboratory. Students also write the entrance test, whose successful completion is a prerequisite for participation in the exercise. Before each next exercise is a written test verifies the student's preparation for the job. In all tests, including entrance test, the student must correctly answer at least 50% of the questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Vyučují učitelé katedry biochemie.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2019/C6560