PřF:C6245 Analytical chemistry of organi - Course Information
C6245 Analytical chemistry of organic compounds - laboratory courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/3. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Marta Farková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Přemysl Lubal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Přemysl Lubal, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Fri 7:00–9:50 C10/209
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! C6410 Organic Analysis - laboratory
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Analytical Chemistry (programme PřF, N-CH)
- Analytical Chemist - Manager of Chemical Laboratory (programme PřF, B-CH)
- Chemistry of Conservation - Restoration (programme PřF, N-CH)
- Chemistry (programme PřF, B-CH)
- Course objectives
- The main goal of the course is practical training in the analysis of organic compounds.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student will know qualitative elemental analysis; methods for determination of carbon and hydrogen; nitrogen; sulfur; selected instrumental methods; will be able to present the results.
- 1. Preliminary tests, qualitative elemental analysis. 2. Semimicrodetermination of carbon and hydrogen. 3. Volumetric determination of nitrogen according to Dumas and Dubsky. 4. Microdetermination of sulfur according to Schöniger. 5. Determination of nitrogen according to Kjehldal. 6. Determination of dyes using TLC. 7. ITP. 8. Gel electrophoresis.
- FARKOVÁ, Marta and Pavel PAZDERA. Organická analýza - praktikum (Organic analysis - practicals). Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2012. 104 s. ISBN 9788021058170. info
- Teaching methods
- Type of education: students have to pass all exercises included in the course
- Assessment methods
- Type of education: Students have to pass all exercises in the course.
Type of exam: written tests, final test, oral examination during the lessons. Students have to submit protocols from all exercises.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials