PřF:E2221 Env Analytical Chem - Pr - Course Information
E2221 Environmental Analytical Chemistry - PracticalsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/3. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jan Kuta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Petra Růžičková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Jana Klánová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Roman Prokeš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Simona Rozárka Jílková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jaromír Sobotka (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jana Klánová, Ph.D.
RECETOX - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Petra Růžičková, Ph.D.
Supplier department: RECETOX - Faculty of Science
- NOW ( E2220 Env Analytical Chemistry )
Introductory course on Analytical Chemistry or an equivalent
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquire practical knowledge and skills in the field of analysis of organic and inorganic pollutants in environmental samples.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge gained during lectures on environmental analytical chemistry.
- Transfer the theoretical knowledge to the level of practical skills.
- Demonstrate the main techniques of extraction, fractionation, separation and identification suitable for the determination of organic and inorganic substances in environmental samples (air, water, soil, biologial matrices).
- Explore and evaluate the possibilities of different analytical instrumentation.
- Develop the laboratory skills necessary for routine work in the analytical laboratory.
- Understand the principles of good laboratory practice. Evaluate the quality of analytical work. Interpret the obtained experimental data.
- 1. Demonstration of passive and active air sampling
- 2. Determination of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in the atmosphere (gas phase) using automatic solvent extraction and gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS)
- 3. Determination of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in soil samples by ultrasonic extraction andas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS)
- 4. Determination of brominated flame retardants (BFR) in homogeneous dust samples by automatic solvent extraction and GC-HRMS
- 5. Determination of cyanobacteria toxins (microcystins) in surface water by solid phase extraction (SPE) with ultra-high performance liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry
- 6. Perfluorinated compounds (PFCs) in consumables
- 7. Determination of Zn, Cd, Pb, Cr and Cu content in hair by ICP-MS after microwave digestion of samples
- 8. Determination of risk elements in soils - pseudototal and mobile contents
- 9. Titration determination of sulphates and chlorides in water
- 10. Spectrophotometric determination of nitrite and fluoride in water
- 11. Determination of total mercury and methylmercury in fish muscle samples
- Manuál ke cvičení dostupný v PDF formátu
- Teaching methods
- block of the practical laboratory course
- Assessment methods
- 100% attendance, written test, protocols
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses