PřF:Bi6661 Field course of geobotany - Course Information
Bi6661 Field course of geobotanyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Zdeňka Lososová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Lubomír Tichý, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Večeřa, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Lubomír Tichý, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Lubomír Tichý, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 24. 5. 8:00–12:00 tereny, 13:00–17:00 tereny, Tue 25. 5. 8:00–12:00 tereny, 13:00–17:00 tereny, Wed 26. 5. 8:00–12:00 tereny, 13:00–17:00 tereny, Thu 27. 5. 8:00–12:00 tereny, 13:00–17:00 tereny, Fri 28. 5. 8:00–12:00 tereny, 13:00–17:00 tereny
- Bi2160 Field botanical excursion || Bi2130 Field course of system. botany || Bi2230 Field course of botany
( Bi2160 Field botanical excursion || B2160 Field course of system. botany || B2130 Field course of system. botany || Bi2130 Field course of system. botany || B4230 Field course of botany I. || B2230 Field course of botany I. || Bi2230 Field course of botany )&&(! B6661 Field course of geobotany )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Intensive five-day course, taking place at the field station outside of Brno. The main aim is the introduction of basic skills and field methods used in vegetation ecology (recording phytosociological relevés, measuring and estimation of basic stand parameters, soil sampling and chemical analysis, microclimatic measurements, manipulative experiment, vegetation mapping).
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be familiar with the most commonly used methods of field survey in vegetation ecology and should be able to apply individually at least some of them.
- 1) recording phytosociological relevés of selected vegetation types;
- 2) collecting data along transects, set up in topographically pronounced landscape (valley); data about vegetation, habitat and soil conditions, structure of canopy and microclimate will be collected;
- 3) sampling manipulative experiment, established in grassland vegetation;
- 4) vegetation mapping of selected areas;
- 5) entering data into Turboveg and Excel, examples of data analysis using JUICE and Gap light analyzer, presentation and discussion of results.
- MORAVEC, Jaroslav. Fytocenologie. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1994. 403 s. ISBN 8020004572. info
- Teaching methods
- The lessons have a form of fieldwork and consist of team data collection in the field, followed by data processing and analysis at the field station.
- Assessment methods
- credit is conditioned by active participation at the course
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 5D.