PřF:Bi6661 Field course of geobotany - Course Information
Bi6661 Field course of geobotanyFaculty of Science
spring 2012 - acreditation
The information about the term spring 2012 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Lubomír Tichý, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. David Zelený, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Ching-Feng Li, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. David Zelený, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. David Zelený, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( Bi2160 Field botanical excursion || B2160 Field course of system. botany || B2130 Field course of system. botany || Bi2130 Field course of system. botany || B4230 Field course of botany I. || B2230 Field course of botany I. || Bi2230 Field course of botany )&&(! B6661 Field course of geobotany )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biology - Museology (programme PřF, M-BI, specialization Botany)
- Systematic Biology and Ecology (programme PřF, B-BI, specialization Systematic Botany and Ecology)
- Systematic Biology and Ecology (programme PřF, M-BI, specialization Systematic Botany and Ecology)
- Systematic Biology and Ecology (programme PřF, N-BI, specialization Systematic Botany and Ecology)
- Course objectives
- Intensive five-day course, taking place at the field station outside of Brno. The main aim is the introduction of basic skills and field methods used in vegetation ecology (recording phytosociological relevés, measuring and estimation of basic stand parameters, soil sampling and chemical analysis, microclimatic measurements, manipulative experiment, vegetation mapping). At the end of the course, students will be familiar with the most commonly used methods of field survey in vegetation ecology and should be able to apply individually at least some of them.
- 1) recording phytosociological relevés of selected vegetation types;
- 2) collecting data along transects, set up in topographically pronounced landscape (valley); data about vegetation, habitat and soil conditions, structure of canopy and microclimate will be collected;
- 3) sampling manipulative experiment, established in grassland vegetation;
- 4) vegetation mapping of selected areas;
- 5) entering data into Turboveg and Excell, examples of data analysis using JUICE and Gap light analyzer, presentation and discussion of results.
- MORAVEC, Jaroslav. Fytocenologie. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1994. 403 s. ISBN 8020004572. info
- Teaching methods
- class has a form of fielwork and consists of team data collection in the field, followed by data processing and analysis at the field station
- Assessment methods
- credit is conditioned by active participation at the course
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 5D.
- Teacher's information