LF:VLTZ0631 Theor. Bases of Clinical Med I - Course Information
VLTZ0631 Theoretical Bases of Clinical Medicine I - seminarFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PharmDr. Petr Babula, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Eliška Bartečková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Markéta Bébarová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Dolina, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. František Folber, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Roman Hakl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MVDr. Aleš Hampl, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zita Chovancová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Josef Jaroš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michal Jurajda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Kateřina Kaňková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Leoš Křen, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Pešl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Rotrekl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Ondřej Rybníček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Karolína Skorkovská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Milan Sova, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Pavel Theiner, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Štěpán Tuček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Eva Vlčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ondřej Zahradníček (seminar tutor)
Věra Ježková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- MUDr. Michal Jurajda, Ph.D.
Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Pathophysiology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Wed 16:15–18:45 B22/116 aula
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLFY0321c Physiology I - practice && VLFY0321s Physiology I - seminar && VLBC0321s Biochemistry I - seminar && VLBI0222p Biology II-lect. && VLAN0222c Anatomy II - autopsy && VLAN0222s Anatomy II s
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL) (2)
- Course objectives
- This newly introduced subject focuses on overview exercising of substantial problems from the point of view of anatomist, embryologist, physiologist, pathological physiologist, pathologist, microbiologist, immunologist and finally, corresponding clinician. Using this approach we will conceptually approach closer to strategy of USMLE, Step 1.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to: explain the general connections between the knowledge taught in so-called theoretical subjects and their application in the diagnosis and therapy of disease states in clinical practice. Furthermore, they will understand the importance of basic research for clinical practice.
- 1. 15.02.2023 Diabetes mellitus, prof. Kaňková 2. 22.02.2023 Anorexia, dr. Theiner 3. 01.03.2023 Regeneration and wound healing, doc. Veverková, ing. Jaroš, doc Hampl 4. 08.03.2023 Complications of DM - doc. Skorkovská 5. 15.03.2023 Diseases of oesophagus - doc. Dolina 6. 22.03.2023 Solid tumors, doc. Křen, Leukemias, dr. Folber 7. 29.03.2023 Virtual patient in oncology, dr. Tuček 8. 05.04.2023 Calcium, prof. Vašků, prof. Babula 9. 12.04.2023 Microbiology virtual patient, dr. Zahradníček 10. 19.04.2023 Shock, prof. Vašků 11. 26.04.2023 Alergology, dr. Chovancová, dr. Hakl, doc. Rybníček 12. 03.05.2023 COPD, doc. Sova 13. 10.05.2023 Introduction to neurology, doc. Vlčková 14. 17.05.2023 Introduction to psychiatry, dr. Bartečková 15. 24.05.2023 Credit test, dr. Jurajda
- recommended literature
- SILBERNAGL, Stefan and Florian LANG. Color atlas of pathophysiology. 3rd edition. Stuttgart: Thieme, 2016. x, 438. ISBN 9783131165534. info
- PORTH, Carol. Essentials of pathophysiology : concepts of altered health states. Edited by Kathryn J. Gaspard - Kim A. Noble. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010. xxiv, 1256. ISBN 9781451103182. info
- DAMJANOV, Ivan. Pathophysiology. Illustrated by Matthew Chansky. 1st ed. Philadelphia: Saunders/Elsevier, 2009. vii, 464. ISBN 9781416002291. info
- Teaching methods
- Education will be realised by interactive seminars/lectures. Practical training (represented by 100 % of teaching time) will follow in block II and III and it will be completely based on the problem based learning using virtual patients.
- Assessment methods
- The first semester will be closed by written test based on questions provided by teachers of individual topics. Passmark is set by post hoc statistical analysis of results.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 45.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2023/VLTZ0631