ESF:BPH_ABLT Business Logistics - Informace o předmětu
BPH_ABLT Business LogisticsEkonomicko-správní fakulta
Předmět se v období podzim 2022 nevypisuje.
- 2/2/0. 8 kr. Ukončení: zk.
- doc. Ing. Ondřej Částek, Ph.D. (přednášející)
doc. Ing. Radoslav Škapa, Ph.D. (přednášející)
doc. Ing. Ondřej Částek, Ph.D. (cvičící)
doc. Ing. Radoslav Škapa, Ph.D. (cvičící)
- doc. Ing. Radoslav Škapa, Ph.D.
Katedra podnikového hospodářství - Ekonomicko-správní fakulta
Kontaktní osoba: Mgr. Jana Nesvadbová
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Katedra podnikového hospodářství - Ekonomicko-správní fakulta
- BPH_ABEC Business Economics
For BPH_ABLT Business logistics, students need basic knowledge of business economics/management. For that reason, BPH_ABEC Business economics is set as a prerequisite for BPH_ABLT. Similar introductory courses to business management completed at other universities are also accepted as fulfilling the prerequisite. Students are advised to register for Business logistics in the third year of bachelor studies.
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je nabízen i studentům mimo mateřské obory.
Předmět si smí zapsat nejvýše 24 stud.
Momentální stav registrace a zápisu: zapsáno: 0/24, pouze zareg.: 0/24, pouze zareg. s předností (mateřské obory): 0/24
- Mateřské obory/plány
- Business Management and Finance (program ESF, B-BMF)
- Multidisciplinární studia (program CST, KOS)
- Multidisciplinární studia (program ESF, KOS)
- Multidisciplinární studia na ekonomicko-správní fakultě (program CST, KOS)
- Podniková ekonomika a management (angl.) (program ESF, N-EKM)
- Cíle předmětu
- Business Logistics is the introductory graduate course. The objective of the course is to give students a managerial knowledge of basic logistics concepts and principles. The first part of the course focuses on the logistics of an individual firm. Emphasis is placed on the analysis, planning, and management of activities that serve to value-add to the strategic positioning of a firm to increase its competitive position.
The second part of the course aims to long term relationships with customers and suppliers i.e. supply chain management (SCM). Therefore the distinction between logistics and supply chain management is examined in the first step and a framework for supply chain management is discussed afterwards. As successful SCM requires cross-functional integration of key business processes within the all network members, the key business processes are analysed. Emphasis is placed on aligning effective marketing strategy and SCM with overall business strategy. Special attention of the course is paid to the ablity of students to examine information and communication technologies and to environmental issues in logistics.
The third part of the course focuses the international logistics, it emphasizes the differences to domestic logistic operations and explains in detail the drivers of international logistics, the reasons why do government get involved in it and what are the consequences and also the terms of sale and of payment with special attention to documents and their flow.
- Výstupy z učení
- The students will be able to:
- explain the logic of logistic principles (such as total cost concept or customer service) in transportation, warehousing, production and in purchasing and distribution.
- critically assess the new technologies and trends in logistics/SCM.
- apply the selected managerial and business methods and tools used in logistics/SCM.
- Topic no.1: Introduction
- - Class overview and orientation
- - Definition of logistics
- - Logistics activities and its importance for the economy
- - Distinction between logistics and supply chain management
- - Logistics terminology
- Topic no. 2: Logistics principles
- - System approach and logistics
- - Goals, processes and task of logistics
- - Understanding logistics and customer service
- - Overall optimization and cost trade-offs
- Topic no. 3: Order processing & logistics information systems
- - Order cycle
- - Methods of demand forecasting
- - EDI
- - Typology of IS in companies
- - Methods of products identification
- Topic no. 4: Inventory and warehouse management
- - Scope and function of inventory control
- - Reasons for maintaining inventories
- - Inventory cost
- - Base and safety stocks
- - Modern warehousing functions, goals and tools
- - ABC Analysis
- - Economic order quantity
- Topic no. 5: Logistics in production
- - Make or buy decision
- - Operation management
- - Optimization and simulation
- - Capacity planning
- Topic no. 6: Supply Chain Management
- - Marketing functions
- - Logistics functions and processes
- - Influence of the supply chain on major company's activities (product design, manufacturing, financial planning)
- - Outsourcing and 4PLs
- - Partnership Success and Failure Factors
- Topic no. 7: Purchasing and distribution
- - Analysis of network structure - typology
- - Strategic role of purchasing
- - Supplier Selection and evaluation
- Topic no. 8: Logistics and the environment
- - Modes of transportation
- - Negative externalities of logistics
- - Reverse logistics
- Topic no. 9: Global view on logistics
- - Specifics of international logistics
- - Drivers of international logistics
- - Characteristics of important logistic regions
- Topic no. 10: Governments’ involvement in logistics
- - Why do governments get involved in logistics
- - What is their role
- - What is their impact
- Topic no. 11: Terms of sale and of payment
- - Incoterms
- - Bill of Lading
- - Documentary Letter of Credit (regular, advised, confirmed)
- - Other methods of payment
- Topic. no. 12: Documentation flow in international logistics
- - Purpose, role and significance of documentation in logistics operations
- - Influence of IT on documentation flow and its costs
- - Particular documents in logistics (air waybill, inland bill of lading, hazmat bill of lading, carnets, dock receipts, certificate of origin, others)
- povinná literatura
- HARRISON, Alan, Remko I. van HOEK a Heather SKIPWORTH. Logistics management and strategy : competing throuhg the supply chain. 5th ed. Harlow: Pearson, 2014. xxx, 427. ISBN 9781292004150. info
- DAVID, Pierre A. International logistics : the management of international trade operations. 4th ed. Berea, OH: Cicero books, 2013. xxvi, 693. ISBN 9780989490603. info
- BOWERSOX, Donald J., David J. CLOSS a M. Bixby COOPER. Supply chain logistics management. 3rd ed. Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2010. xiv, 498. ISBN 9780071276177. info
- doporučená literatura
- MURPHY, Paul Regis a Donald F. WOOD. Contemporary logistics. 9th ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2008. xvi, 415. ISBN 9780131562073. info
- SCHÖNSLEBEN, Paul. Integral logistics management : operations and supply chain management in comprehensive value-added networks. 3rd ed. Boca Raton: Auerbach Publications, 2007. xxx, 1033. ISBN 9781420051940. info
- Výukové metody
- The teaching method will be a combination of lecture and class discussions on assigned topics. That means the students are expected to attend the classes regularly and to study during the semester continuously.
- Metody hodnocení
- The final exam is a combination of two written test. They take place in the middle and the end of the semester. Students can take the exam provided that she/he defended successfully their team project on a given topic.
Any copying, recording or leaking tests, use of unauthorized tools, aids and communication devices, or other disruptions of objectivity of exams (credit tests) will be considered non-compliance with the conditions for course completion as well as a severe violation of the study rules. Consequently, the teacher will finish the exam (credit test) by awarding grade "F" in the Information System, and the Dean will initiate disciplinary proceedings that may result in study termination.
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Další komentáře
- Předmět je vyučován každoročně.
Výuka probíhá každý týden.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/predmet/econ/podzim2022/BPH_ABLT