The aim of this course is to provide for a systematic introduction to the Czech legal system.
Výstupy z učení
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- understand the historical, political and social foundations of the Czech Law
- to understand and analyze the structure and system of the Czech Law
- to understand and analyze the structure of the Czech Judiciary
- to understand and analyze the structure of Czech legal professions
- to critically compare Czech legal system with their European and Common-law counterparts
1. Introduction to the Czech legal culture
2. History and organization of the Czech Republic
3. Czech system of law
4. Czech constitutional order
5. Czech sources of law and relations to international law
6. System of Czech courts
7. Excursion to the Constitutional Court
8. Excursion to the Supreme Administrative Court
9. Contemporary issues in the Czech judiciary
10. Contemporary issues in Czech legal philosophy
11. Media and the Czech law
12. Czech law in evolving society (arts, politics)
veškerá studijní literatura bude studentům poskytnuta prostřednictvím interaktivní osnovy / all readings will be provided within the interactive syllabus
Interactive seminars - at the the beginning of each seminar, students present their short comparative reports. The outcomes of these reports are then confronted with explanation and analysis of the Czech legal system.
Credits are awarded upon elaborating of 6 comparative reports (together 40 %) and a written exam (2 short essays, each 30 %).