PřF:C3600 Biochemistry-lab.course - Course Information
C3600 Biochemistry - laboratory courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/5/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Pavla Boublíková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Glatz, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C3600/01: Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Mon 8:00–12:50 A15/212, P. Boublíková
C3600/02: Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Wed 8:00–12:50 A15/212, P. Boublíková
C3600/03: Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Fri 8:00–12:50 A15/212, P. Boublíková
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( C3580 Biochemistry )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to understand and explain - basic properties of natural substances (aminoacids, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, proteins, enzymes and coenzymes, their properties and structure, active site), thermodynamics, enzyme kinetics, inhibition, allostery, regulation of enzyme activity.
- Qualitative and quantitative determination of carbohydrates. Qualitative and quantitative determination of aminoacids. Quantitative determination of proteins. Isolation, analysis and determination of nucleic acids. Separation methods. Determination of enzyme activity. pH effect on enzyme reaction. Enzyme kinetics. Inhibition of enzymes. Enzymatic determination of metabolites. Substrate specifity of enzymes. Imobilization of enzymes. Respiratory chain chain of aerobic organisms. Photosynthesis.
- Teaching methods
- laboratory courses
- Assessment methods
- The first exercise is devoted to learning about safety in biochemical laboratory. Students also write the entrance test, whose successful completion is a prerequisite for participation in the exercise. Before each next exercise is a written test verifies the student's preparation for the job. In all tests, including entrance test, the student must correctly answer at least 50% of the questions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Vyučují učitelé katedry biochemie.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2018/C3600