PřF:C8150 Bioenergetics-sem. - Course Information
C8150 Bioenergetics - seminarFaculty of Science
Spring 2011 - only for the accreditation
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Igor Kučera, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Igor Kučera, DrSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- NOW ( C8140 Bioenergetics )
This tutorial runs parallel to the lectures on bioenergetics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to integrate the quantitative aspects of bioenergetics with the students' knowledge of physical chemistry. Skills in scientific calculations, processing and interpretation of experimental data will also be increased.
- Solving assigned items from the obtained sets of bioenergetic problems 1. Energy exchange between a system and its surroundings 2. Energy content of nutrients 3. Thermodynamics of chemical reactions 4. Thermodynamics and kinetics of membrane transport 5. Proton motive force and its measurement 6. Thermodynamics and kinetics of redox reactions 7. Topology of respiratory chains 8. Energy conversions in the cells
- Teaching methods
- Class discussion, homeworks
- Assessment methods
- A one semester seminar, 2 x 45 min per week. The aim is the development of skills essential for solving quantitative problems in bioenergetics. Some home work is required.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.