PřF:G8201 Field prospection - Course Information
G8201 Documentation of field prospectingFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Martin Knížek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Marek Slobodník, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Marek Slobodník, CSc.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- PROGRAM ( N - GE ) || G7671 Geological Research of undergr || G7671k Geological Research of undergr || G4231 Course of Geological Document. || G4221 Geoscience Areal Documentation
Skills for a geological documentation in a field, mineralogy, petrography, structural geology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of a field course is improving of basic skills of surface prospection, ev. subsurface detailed mapping and documentation.
- Learning outcomes
- student is able: - identify principle geological structure underground - distinguish a track of basic geological elements in space - measure of space orientation of geological objects - draw a detailed map (scale 1:100)
- 1. Drilling technology and the prospection drilling project (hydrocarbons). 2. Documentation in a field, documentation of drill cores (primary). 3. Detailed documentation metods of subsurface geological works - galleries, shaft pits, tubes, quarry walls and boreholes (explanation). 4. Compiling of secondary documentation (redrawing of maps, notes) and elaborating other graphic supplements from field data (structural diagrams atc.).
- POUBA, Zdeněk. Geologické mapování. 1. vyd. Praha: Nakladatelství Československé akademie věd, 1959. 523 s. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, discussion, work and documentation in the field/underground working
- Assessment methods
- field work with instruction/demonstration, activity in all parts of the class and a submission of the final project/documentation are necessary for the credit
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 5 dnů.
Information on course enrolment limitations: K realizaci výuky je nutné finační krytí cestovních nákladů