LF:aVLPL11XX General Medicine Practice - Course Information
aVLPL11XX General Medicine Practice and GeriatricsFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- MUDr. Lenka Dvořáková (lecturer)
MUDr. Emmanuela Fernandová (lecturer)
MUDr. Josef Laub (lecturer)
MUDr. Denis Lekeš (lecturer)
MUDr. Vladimír Marek (lecturer)
MUDr. Lucie Rausová (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Jitka Skládaná (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc.
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Practical Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLFA0822p Pharmacology II - lec. && aVLNE9X1p Neurology - lecture && aVLPY9X1p Psychiatry - lect. && aVLDV7X21p Dermatovenerology I -lecture && aVLAM9X1p Intensive care med. - lect. && aVLVL7X61c Internal medicine - part 1 -pr && aVLVL9X62c Internal medicine part 2 && aVLVL9X63c Internal medicine part 3 && aVLVL9X64c Internal medicine part 4 && aVLVL9X65c Internal medicine part 5 && aVLIN9X22 Infectious diseases II && aVLON091p Clinical oncology - lec. && VYCET ( 1 , aVLAL091 Anaesthes. and Treat. of Pain , aVLDO091 Paediatric Oncology , aVLKF101 Clinical Pharmacology , aVLKB091 Clinical Biochemistry , aVLFP091 Physiology and path.of newborn ) && aVLCH9X33c Surgery III - practice && aVLCJ0888 Czech for Foreigners VIII
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students wil have the basic overview containing basic aspects of general practice, main difference between general practice and other specialities of medicine. The practical part of this subject runs in general practitioners offices, so student will know the performance of GPs offices of teachers of Medical Faculty of Masaryk University
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able:
- to have basic overview about general aspects of general practice.
- to describe main specifics of general practice and its basic rules.
- to knowthe performance of GP office for adults and GP office for children and adolescents.
- to know main specifics of diagnostics, diseases course, pharmacotherapy and aftercare in older persons.
- to know the performance of Geriatric Department of Faculty Hospital Brno.
- Family medicine and general practice. Development, content of the subject, methods of work.
- 2. Family in the past and today. The family environment influence on health and diasease. Dynamice of the family.
- 3. Competences of general practicioner in diagnostics and therapy.
- 4. Interdisciplinary cooperation in health service, cooperation between family medicine/general praktice and other medical specialities. How to achieve the compliance.
- 5. Aspects of the care for seriously ill patients et home. Specificities of the care for patiens with cardiovascular, oncological adn locomotion diseases.
- 6. Specificities of the diseases in elderly. Pharmacological and non farmacological methods in elderly.
- 7. Psychiatric patient in the family and at non-psychiatric hospital.
- 8. First aid at home and at work place. The equipment for first aid at the non-urgent healthcare service.
- 9. Communication with patients. Empathy and burn-out syndrom prevention.
- 10. Communication with handicapped, especially with visual and hearing disturbances.
- 11. Cross influence of health and social situation. Complex home care as a support of out-patient basis care.
- 12. Different types of social facilities. Nutritional probléme, physiotherapy and care for blind patiens in social facilities.
- 13. Education to health life style.
- 14. Ethic aspects of primary care.
- recommended literature
- SEIFERT, Bohumil, Václav BENEŠ and Svatopluk BÝMA. Všeobecné praktické lékařství. 2., dopl. a přeprac. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2013. xi, 673. ISBN 9788072629343. info
- Textbook of family medicine. Edited by Ian R. McWhinney - Thomas Freeman. 3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 2009. xii, 460 p. ISBN 0195369858. info
- SEIFERT, Bohumil and Václav BENEŠ. Všeobecné praktické lékařství. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2005. 292 s. ISBN 8072623699. info
- Teaching methods
- 1 workshop -case reports, active preparation and presentation of report
- Assessment methods
- koloqium, case description
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: výuka včetně kolokvia musí být absolvována před poslední SRZ.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 0.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2020/aVLPL11XX