ESF:BKH_MAN1 Management 1 - Course Information
BKH_MAN1 Management 1Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 26/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Ladislav Blažek, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Ladislava Kuchynková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Petr Pirožek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Pavla Marciánová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Bc. Alena Šafrová Drášilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Bc. Sylva Žáková Talpová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Petr Pirožek, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Vlasta Radová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Sat 17. 10. 16:00–19:50 P101, Fri 27. 11. 12:00–15:50 P102, 12:00–15:50 P106, Sat 12. 12. 12:00–15:50 P104, 12:00–15:50 P103
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ((! BKH_ZMAN Principles of Management )&&(! NOWANY ( BKH_ZMAN Principles of Management ))&&(! SEMESTR ( 1 )))||((! BKH_ZMAN Principles of Management )&&(! NOWANY ( BKH_ZMAN Principles of Management )))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 13 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on management in business organizations as well as in non-business organizations.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- explain the incorporation of general management into the relevant scientific disciplines
- describe the trends of management in the context of economic, social and political conditions of the twentieth century and further development on the threshold of twenty-first century
- explain the nature of an organization
- describe basic types of organizational structures
- apply the principles of organization on the creation of organizational structures
- explain the impact of organizational strategy and organizational culture on the organizational structure
- explain the nature of planning and decision-making
- describe the organizational and procedural way of decision-making
- explain the decision-making process and its various stages
- apply methods of decision analysis to solving decision-making problems
- explain the nature of influencing
- describe the principles of selected motivational theories and explain their relationship to the incentive instruments and motivational system
- explain the essence of leadership, motivation and communication
- use basic management skills.
- Thematic plan of the course: 1. Define of general management
- 2. Development trends of management
- 3. Organisation I
- 4. Organisation II
- 5. Corporate governance
- 6. Management of multinational companies
- 7. Competitive Intelligence
- 8. Decision making I
- 9. Decision making II
- 10. Motivation I
- 11. Motivation II
- 12. Leadership
- 13. Knowledge and experience from the management practices.
- required literature
- BLAŽEK, Ladislav. Management. 2. rozš. Praha: Grada, 2014. 211 pp. ISBN 978-80-247-4429-2. info
- BLAŽEK, Ladislav and Alena ŠAFROVÁ DRÁŠILOVÁ. Nadnárodní společnosti v České republice : vývojové trendy, organizace a řízení, kultura a odpovědnost. 1. vyd. Praha: C.H. Beck, 2013. xxi, 211. ISBN 9788074004780. info
- recommended literature
- DONNELLY, James H., James L. GIBSON and John M. IVANCEVICH. Management. Translated by Václav Dolanský - Josef Koubek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Grada, 1997. 821 s. ISBN 9788071694229. info
- VEBER, JAROMÍR A KOL. Management. 2nd ed. Praha: Management Press, 2009. 734 pp. ISBN 978-80-7261-200-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Tutorials take place in the form of lectures, consulations and self-study.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by an oral exam. The precondition for the oral exam is to work up and hand over (by the date stated) 3 pieces of POT (paper corrected by the tutor) Any copying, keeping a record of tests or carrying the tests out, using forbidden aids including any communication devices or any other breach of objectivity of the exam is regarded as a failure to meet the obligations of the subject and as a serious breach of study regulations. As a consequence, the teacher grades the student with "F" and the dean is allowed to initiate a disciplinary action, which might lead to the termination of the studies.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Přednášky jsou dostupné online a ze záznamu.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: tutorial 12 hodin.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2020/BKH_MAN1