ESF:PVPTPO Labour Market and Employ - Course Information
PVPTPO Labour Market and Employment Policy for PEFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Vladimír Hyánek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Markéta Páleníková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Vladimír Hyánek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Markéta Páleníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Vladimír Hyánek, Ph.D.
Department of Public Economics - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Lenka Jílková
- Mon 12:50–14:30 P303
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
PVPTPO/2: Mon 15:30–16:15 P403, M. Páleníková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 85 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/85, only registered: 0/85, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/85
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: Students should be able:
- to understand the general principles of the labour market;
- to enhance the knowledge of contemporary neo-classical and institutional theories describing the causes and "treatment" of unemployment;
- to understand the education and the labour market relations;
- to discuss the tools and effects of Czech and foreign passive and active labour market policy;
- to learn principles of the European labour market policy;
- to practice labour market analyses (effectiveness of the active labour market policy).
- The lecture plan includes the following topics:
- 1. Introduction to labour policy question; types of unemployment, measurement of unemployment rate, labour supply and demand.
- 2. Economic theory of unemployment, elimination of unemployment.
- 3. Mass unemployment, long-term unemployment development.
- 4. Segmentation of the labour market.
- 5. Human capital, education and labour market relations.
- 6. Labour discrimination, forms of discrimination, costs of discrimination.
- 7. Population at risk at the labour market. Handicapped and non-qualified people, seniors and school-leavers/graduates.
- 8. Individual and social experience of the unemployed people and their life strategy.
- 9. Labour market policy, active and passive labour market policy, legislative framework, labour market law and labour policy instruments.
- 10. Main strategy of unemployment elimination, regulation of the labour market. The European labour market strategy.
- 11. European unemployment, unemployment development, national action labour market plans.
- 12. Migration, factors influencing labour migration, forms and effects of labour migration.
- 13. Lecture by an external specialist on labour market policy.
- MAREŠ, Petr. Nezaměstnanost jako sociální problém (Unemployment as a Social Problem). Nové rozšíř. vyd. Praha: SLON-Sociologické nakladatelství, 1998. 172 pp. ISBN 80-901424-9-4. info
- BROŽOVÁ, Dagmar. Společenské souvislosti trhu práce. Vyd. 1. Praha: Sociologické nakladatelství, 2003. 140 s. ISBN 80-86429-16-4. info
- SIROVÁTKA, Tomáš. Marginalizace na pracovním trhu : příčiny diskvalifikace a selhávání pracovní síly. 1. vyd. V Brně: Masarykova univerzita, 1997. 138 s. ISBN 8021017163. info
- KOTÝNKOVÁ, Magdalena and Otakar NĚMEC. Lidské zdroje na trhu práce : vývoj a tendence v souvislosti se vstupem České republiky do EU. 1. vyd. Praha: Professional publishing, 2003. 199 s. ISBN 8086419487. info
- Assessment methods
- The course is concluded with an oral exam. Students are eligible to take the oral exam provided that they fulfill given conditions:
1. they pass the final test successfully (a test is regarded as successful if at least 60% of answers are correct).
2. presentation of a seminar paper in a given extent and structure within the obligatory date.
If students do not pass the final test, they will have another option to pass the final test. The final mark = 25 % from the seminar paper + 25 % from the final test + 50 % from the oral exam.
Important information! If students commit a prohibited act, such as using various forbidden tools, cribbing, taking out any part of the exam or any other cheating, the teacher is allowed to interrupt an exam and to grade a student with F, FF or FFF according to the seriousness of the offence. The mentioned procedure relates to all the activities that are included in the final evaluation of the course (seminar work, essays, tests etc.).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: max. 20 cizích studentů; cvičení pouze pro studenty ESF
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/econ/autumn2008/PVPTPO