PV004 UNIXFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Ing. Lucie Pekárková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 17. 2. to Thu 7. 5. Thu 12:00–13:50 D3, Thu 12:00–13:50 D1; and Thu 21. 5. 12:00–13:50 D1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 73 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The students of this course will be introduced to the general principles of the UNIX operation system. At the end of this course, students should know the Shell and should be able to program shell scripts.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, the student will understand the principles of the UNIX operating system, will be able to control the unix shell line interface on a common user level, program simple shell scripts, and manage manipulation of text files, including understanding the use of regular expressions.
- UNIX history, main features, system access.
- System structure: file systems, processes.
- Access rights.
- User interface: shell and its programming.
- Text processing: regular expressions, editors, text processing commands.
- Setting of the user environment.
- Multi-user communication, status of the system.
- Teaching methods
- The course contains facultative lectures and continuous e-learning testing in IS MU. The emphasis is laid on individual independent and continuous computer work during the term.
- Assessment methods
- The course is finished by a written examination in the form of a test.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/spring2020/PV004