FI:IV100 Distributed computations - Course Information
IV100 Parallel and distributed computationsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Dana Pardubská, Ph.D. (lecturer), prof. RNDr. Antonín Kučera, Ph.D. (deputy)
prof. RNDr. Ivana Černá, CSc. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Mojmír Křetínský, CSc.
Department of Computer Science - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Antonín Kučera, Ph.D.
- each odd Tuesday 15:00–18:50 A107
- IB002 Algorithms I || I002 Algorithms I || I502 Algorithms I
IB002 (Design of algorithms), required. PB152 (Operating systems) recommended.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 70 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/70, only registered: 0/70
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 17 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Introduction to distributed algorithms. Basic notions, problems and solutions.
- Distributed systems and distributed algorithms.
- Communication protocols. Alternating-bit protocol, sliding-window protocol.
- Routing algorithms. Routing tables and algorithms for their constructions. Floyd-Warshallův algorithm, shortest-path algorithm.
- Distributed mutual exclusion.
- Distributed election algorithms. Ring networks and a general topology.
- Termination detection. Dijkstra-Scholten algorithm.
- The problem of Byzantine generals and its (un)solvability in various environments.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- písemná zkouška případně doplněna zkouškou ústni
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.