FI:PV156 Digital Photography - Course Information
PV156 Digital PhotographyFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Vít Kovalčík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Matula, Ph.D.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
- Tue 18:00–19:50 D3
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 100 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/100, only registered: 0/100, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/100
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course aims to familiarize the student with all the main practical aspects of taking and processing photographs. At the end of the semester, the student will be able to understand principles of the photographic hardware, including parameters and internal operation of cameras and lenses. They will be also able to perceive the usual compositional rules and manage basic processing of the photographs on the computer.
- Different types of photographic cameras, non-standard cameras, digital sensor types (CCD, CMOS, SuperCCD, Foveon), sensor strengths and weaknesses, crop factor and full frame, another parts of photographic devices. Strenghts and weaknesses of digital photography.
- Lens types, characteristics and usage, non-standard lenses. Lens characterization and build. Optical and build defects. Other photographic accessories.
- Basics of photographs taking. Compositional rules, setting the exposure, explaining the relations between the aperture, exposure time and sensitivity.
- Format types (JPEG, TIFF, RAW), basic and advanced adjustment in photo editing, work with layers, software for photo editing. Removing defects made by sensors or lens. Further possibilities for digital photography (collage, photo-graphics...).
- LINDNER, Petr, Tomáš TŮMA and Miroslav MYŠKA. Velká kniha digitální fotografie. 3., aktualiz. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2008. 271 s. ISBN 9788025120057. info
- Pocket encyclopedia of creative photography (Orig.) : Tvůrčí fotografie : praktická ilustrovaná příručka. info
- DICKMAN, Jay and Jay KINGHORN. Perfect digital photography. Computer Press, 2010. 424 pp. ISBN 978-80-251-2816-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures are once a week. It is not required to attend lessons, but it is recommended. There are assigned homeworks at lectures during whole semester.
- Assessment methods
- Each student must accomplish homeworks assigned during semester to pass this course.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (Autumn 2014, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2014/PV156