FI:PV172 Computer Architecture - Course Information
PV172 Digital Computer ArchitectureFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
Ing. Zbyněk Bureš, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Vojtěch Krmíček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Tue 8:00–9:50 B410, Tue 10:00–11:50 B202
- Course PV170 - Design of Digital Computersis is advisable source of necessary knowledges for current course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 37 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this courese is understand and master theoretical knowledges necessary for design high-performance digital systems. The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
application of the fundamental design components;
principle of the modular systems design metodology;
principle of the external devices connecting.
- rchitecture of the digital systems;
- structure of processors, CISC and RISC structures;
- bus subsystem of the digital systems;
- memory subsystem of the digital systems;
- input and output subsystem the digital systems;
- linkage hardware and operation system the digital systems;
- external busses subsystem;
- external memory subsystems;
- design systems and simulations systems of digital systems.
- ŠNOREK, RICHTA. Připojování periférií k PC
- HLAVIČKA, J. Computer architecture. Praha: ČVUT, 1999
- DOUŠA, J., PLUHÁČEK, V. Introduction to computer systems. Praha: ČVUT, 2000
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consist from 3 parts:
1) defence of the project - implementation of the design from laboratory lessons and discussion about protocol;
2) design of the circuit and verification of the design by laboratory tools;
3) oral exam - teoretical problems from list of the passed subjects.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- IA162 Design of Embedded Systems
- PV171 Digital Systems Diagnostics
- PV191 Project from Designing Digital Systems
- PV192 Parallel Technical Systems
- PV193 Accelerating Algorithms at Circuit Level
- PV194 External Environments of Digital Systems
- PV195 Peripheral Drivers
- PV196 Hardware Control of Computer Networks
- PV198 Onechip Controllers
- PV200 Introduction to hardware description languages
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.