FI:PV172 Architecture of Digit. Systems - Course Information
PV172 Architecture of Digital SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 17. 2. to Fri 15. 5. Tue 8:00–9:50 C416
- Course PV170 - Design of Digital Systems is advisable source of necessary knowledges for current course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 70 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this course is understand and master theoretical knowledge necessary for design high-performance digital systems.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be capable of:
application of the fundamental design components;
understanding principle of the modular systems design methodology;
design and implement connection of external devices.
- Controllers and Sequencers
- Structure of the digital systems
- Addressing of the memory
- Instruction set of the typical microprocessor
- Memories and Cache memories
- Structure of the typical processor and its interrupt system.
- Direct memory access
- External busses
- Auxiliary circuits
- A/D converters
- D/A converters
- Input/output circuits
- Diagnostics system
- Checking circuits
- ŠNOREK, RICHTA. Připojování periférií k PC
- HLAVIČKA, J. Computer architecture. Praha: ČVUT, 1999
- DOUŠA, J., PLUHÁČEK, V. Introduction to computer systems. Praha: ČVUT, 2000
- Teaching methods
- Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 3 parts:
1) defense of the project - implementation of the design from laboratory lessons and discussion about protocol;
2) design of the circuit and verification of the design by laboratory tools;
3) oral exam - theoretical problems from list of the passed subjects.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.