FI:PV113 Audiovisual production - Course Information
PV113 Production of audiovisual artefactsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/3. 5 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Sojka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. BcA. Robert Král, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MgA. Radovan Hakl (seminar tutor)
Bc. Radim Urbášek (assistant)
Martin Znášik (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Jiří Sochor, CSc.
Department of Visual Computing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Petr Sojka, Ph.D.
- Wed 17:00–17:50 A104, Wed 18:00–19:50 D3; and Thu 19. 5. 18:00–20:50 D2, 18:00–20:50 D3, 18:00–20:50 D1
The main thing is strong motivation for multimedia communication and movies -- and ability to work in team on such projects. A prerequisite is having basic knowledge about rules of (visual) communication, for documents gained e.g. (but not necessarily) in PB029 Electronic Document Preparation, and deatiled script of movie project to be realized.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 40 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/40, only registered: 0/40, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/40
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: understand notions and roles in the procduction of multimedia publishing product or short movie; prepare the project, project stages, budget for target audience respecting the project goals; understand digital movie grammar and specifics; produce (in a team) movie or animation production of given script and to present it on Faculty's movie festival in the middle of last week of semester.
- Synopsis - literary script -- detailed technical screenplay -- story board for WEB presentation. Plot preparation -- movie time aspects -- having audience in mind -- conotations and documentaries.
- Movie production.
- Cutting; size of shots -- camera dynamics -- speech -- titles -- commentaries -- music -- analysis of examples.
- Building of story for multimedia -- textual anotation -- picture anotation. Editing -- contrast of music and pictures -- rhythm and cutting on music -- on and off-line cutting -- composition development -- examples.
- Movie examples -- discussion -- analysis. The best of Academia film Olomouc, ARS Elektronika Linz -- comparison of genres and movie analysis.
- Animated movie -- combined techniques -- time-driven shooting -- visual communication in movie.
- Building of production teams, delegation, communication, editing, postproduction, movie festival preparation.
- Karel Reisz: Umění střihové skladby, skripta FAMU.
- Seminární práce a filmové festivaly LEMMA 2000--2008 / Seminar papers and film festivals LEMMA 2000-2008
- Teaching methods
- Discussions on excerpts of movie production and output, looking for a consensus in discussions of production teams, team building and preparation of final movie festival.
- Assessment methods
- Grading is based mainly on the movie projects presented at the festival organized within the course at the last week of semester. In addition, every student will prepare presentation about some topics related to the movie production. For details, check http://www.fi.muni.cz/~sojka/PV113/ and http://www.fi.muni.cz/lemma/
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information