FI:PB171 Seminar on Dig.Syst. Arch. - Course Information
PB171 Seminar on Digital System ArchitectureFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Martin Veškrna (lecturer)
prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
Ahmad Abbadi, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Horák, Ph.D.
Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing - Faculty of Informatics
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- PB171/01: Thu 12:00–13:50 A415, Z. Matěj
PB171/02: Thu 14:00–15:50 A415, M. Veškrna
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- PA174 Design of Digital Systems II || PV170 Design of Digital Systems
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the seminar are to verify the knowledge acquired during the Digital computer architecture course. The students will learn about the structure and the design of systems for selected microcomputers, they will learn programming them in the Assembler language or C language and at the end of semester they will create their own project. The lessons will be held in the Digital system construction laboratory.
- Architecture of 8-bit controllers (PIC12 family).
- Assembly language for target platform.
- General purpose I/O.
- Timers and interrupt handling.
- EEPROM handling.
- Applications of the analog-digital converter.
- C language compiler for 8-bit platforms.
- Using C language for target platform-
- Controlling shift register.
- Bus drivers: UART, SPI, I2C.
- Advanced peripherals.
- Semestral project.
- Datasteety jednotlivých použitých modulů
- Teaching methods
- laboratory seminars
- Assessment methods
- semestral project
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.