FI:PB175 Project managment and project - Course Information
PB175 Project managment and projectFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/4. 5 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Jaroslav Ráček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Jaroslav Ráček, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- PB007 Software Engineering I && PB006 Princ. of Prog Lang. and OOP
PB006 and PB007
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course aim is to make students experience a real work on a specified complex software, where student's primary task is to program (code) a specified functionality. She will also be responsible for the integration of the programming results into the production version of the software involved
- Learning outcomes
- After successful completion student will be able - to understand a complex project specification and orient in a complex code - to program and test (validate) specified function in accordance with the project specification - to integrate results (code) into a production version of the software involved - to document and pass over results of her work in a form that allows taking over by another team member (developer of the same software product)
- Time steps: - Selection of the project from a provided list or accepted student's project specification proposal - Individual (or team) work on the project - Regular consultations with the technical supervisor - Regular consultation with a faculty supervisor (assigned whem the technical supervisor is not a faculty] - Final project report (text and code), formally accepted by the teacher
- Teaching methods
- Independent (or team) work on a selected software project, under a technical supervisor and eventually also additional supervisor from the FI MU (in case of external technical supervision)
- Assessment methods
- Final report from the project (includes text and code), formally accepted by the teacher
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses