FSS:SPRb1113 Fieldwork and Supervision I - Course Information
SPRb1113 Fieldwork and Supervision IFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/12. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Jitka Navrátilová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Monika Punová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ivana Kupčíková, DiS. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jitka Navrátilová, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- SPRb1113/01: Mon 8:00–9:40 U53, J. Navrátilová
SPRb1113/02: Tue 8:00–9:40 U53, M. Punová
SPRb1113/03: Tue 14:00–15:40 U53
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- SPRb1103 Theories of Social Work && SPRb1156 Fieldwork and supervision
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 70 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 20/70, only registered: 0/70
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 15 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course is taught at Bachelor study program. It will provide introduction into practices realization. Supervision workshop makes it possible for confronting practical problems with theoretical account. At the end of this course, students should be able to reflect social work conditions, analyze cases from practices and take into account own experiences.
- Learning outcomes
- The Student after completing the course to be able to;
- reflect the individual elements of the clients´life situation in complexity;
- use client´s sources to solve his/her difficult life situation;
- use the Strengths-based perspective in the assessment and solution of the difficulte client´s life situation;
- design intervention to improve the life situation of the clients;
- consider the organizational context of social work;
- to understand the social workers roles in the different contexts of social work;
- reflexively consider.
- 1. Social work contexts.
- 2. Nature of social work in given organization.
- 3. Social work competences.
- 4. Personal and professional conditions of social work.
- 5. Values in social work.
- 6. Innitial contact, assessment and key knowledges about clients.
- 7. Planning and role of social work.
- 8. Evaluation and termination of helping process.
- required literature
- COULSHED, Veronica. Social work practice : an introduction. 2nd ed. Houndmills: Macmillan, 1991. x, 192 s. ISBN 0-333-55905-3. info
- Promoting competence in clients : a new/old approach to social work practice. Edited by Anthony N. Maluccio. 1st ed. New York: Free Press, 1981. xiv, 370. ISBN 0029198607. info
- BECKETT, Chris. Essential theory for social work practice. Thousand Oaks, Calif. :.: SAGE, 2006. vii, 208. ISBN 1412908744. info
- DOEL, Mark and Steven SHARDLOW. Modern social work practice : teaching and learning in practice settings. 3rd ed. Burlington, Vt.: Ashgate, 2005. xxvi, 302. ISBN 075464121X. info
- Social work practice :people and environments : an ecological perspective. Edited by Carel B. Germain. New York: Columbia University Press, 1979. ISBN 0-231-04333-3. info
- recommended literature
- DOEL, Mark. Teaching social work practice :a programme of exercises and activities towards the practice teaching award. Aldershot, Hampshire: Arena, 1996. xvii, 204. ISBN 1-85742-327-5. info
- BEVERLEY, Audrey and Aidan WORSLEY. Learning and teaching in social work practice. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007. xii, 206. ISBN 1403994145. info
- DEVORE, Wynetta and Elfriede G. SCHLESINGER. Ethnic-sensitive social work practice. 2nd ed. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1987. xiv, 298 s. ISBN 0-675-20702-9. info
- PINCUS, Allen and Anne MINAHAN. Social work practice : model and method. 6th. print. Itasca: F.E. Peacock Publishers, 1976. xv, 355. ISBN 07382647. info
- SEDEN, Janet. Counselling skills in social work practice. Philadelphia: Open University Press, 1999. x, 166. ISBN 0335199682. info
- MEYER, Carol H. Social work practice. 2nd print. New York: Free Press, 1976. xv, 268 s. ISBN 0-02-921140-9. info
- Competence in social work practice : a practical guide for students and professionals. Edited by Kieran O’Hagan. 2nd ed. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2007. 256 s. ISBN 9781843104858. info
- Teaching methods
- Social services visitting, supervision.
- Assessment methods
- Supervision workshops, class discussion, homeworks. Final individual supervision, portfolio.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Celkem 156 hodin praxe.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2021/SPRb1113