FSS:HEN528 Master thesis II - Course Information
HEN528 Master thesis - preparatory seminar IIFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Bohuslav Binka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Eva Fraňková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Naděžda Johanisová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Klvač (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Labohý (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Hana Librová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Ing. arch. Magdalena Maceková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Karel Stibral, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Zbyněk Ulčák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Bohuslav Binka, Ph.D.
Department of Environmental Studies - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Dana Pantůčková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- HEN528/01: No timetable has been entered into IS. B. Binka
HEN528/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. E. Fraňková
HEN528/03: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Maceková
HEN528/04: No timetable has been entered into IS. N. Johanisová
HEN528/05: No timetable has been entered into IS. P. Klvač
HEN528/06: No timetable has been entered into IS. H. Librová
HEN528/07: No timetable has been entered into IS. K. Stibral
HEN528/08: No timetable has been entered into IS. Z. Ulčák
- HEN526 Master thesis I
Students enrol this course in the term before they sit for final exam. Defence of the thesis is a part of the exam.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The student’s task is to conduct an independent research under the guidance of their supervisor in the field of their study. Results of this research are then to be analyzed and presented as an academic text, in the length and formal standards common in their field (incl. structure of the thesis, abstract, key words, format, citation standard and list of references and bibliography). Graduates of this course will then be able to define a specific research topic in their field, independently conduct a research and analyze collected data to compose academic text meeting the theoretical, methodological and formal standards in their field. Students are also ready to defend their thesis.
- The course has the form of individual consultations with the supervisor in all stages of thesis completion.
- MEŠKO, Dušan, Dušan KATUŠČÁK and Ján FINDRA. Akademická příručka. České, upr. vyd. Martin: Osveta, 2006. 481 s. ISBN 8080632197. info
- Teaching methods
- The student participates in individual consultations with the supervisor in all stages of thesis preparation, writing, and completion.
- Assessment methods
- This course takes the form of individual consultations of students’ theses with their supervisors. It concludes with a credit granted by the supervisor upon the condition that the student submits their final thesis in time. The thesis needs to meet the terms set in the assignment and comply with formal requirements and standards in the respective field of research.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses