FSS:ZUR388 Specifics of online communic. - Course Information
ZUR388 Specifics of online communicationFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Štěpán Konečný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor), prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D. (deputy)
RNDr. Jaromír Plhák, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Bc. Pavlína Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Thu 8:00–9:40 Studio 527
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 26 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- After completing this lecture, student will understand to specifics of online communication in comparison to offline communication. He will understand to terms of synchronous and asynchronous communication.
- Synchronous and asynchronous communication.
- Absence of non-verbal cues.
- Specifics of different online environments.
- Disinhibition, self-disclosure.
- Control over communication.
- Physical appearence.
- Experimenting with online identity.
- Relationships on the internet.
- Lying online.
- UHLS, Yalda T., Lupita ESPINOZA, Patricia GREENFIELD, Kaveri SUBRAHMANYAM and David ŠMAHEL. Internet Use and Electronic Technology. In Encyclopedia of Adolescence. New York: Academic Press, 2011. p. 160-168, 9 pp. 1 edition. ISBN 0-12-373915-2. URL info
- SUBRAHMANYAM, Kaveri and David ŠMAHEL. Digital Youth: The Role of Media in Development. New York: Springer, 2010. 248 pp. Advancing Responsible Adolescent Development. ISBN 1-4419-6277-8. URL info
- ŠMAHEL, David. Komunikace adolescentů v prostředí internetu (Communication of adolescents in the internet environment). Československá psychologie, Praha, 2003, vol. 2003, No 2, p. 144-156. ISSN 0009-062X. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and group projects.
- Assessment methods
- Participation on the lecture and project preparation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.