FSS:ZUR388 Specifics of online communic. - Course Information
ZUR388 Specifics of online communicationFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Lenka Dědková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Hana Macháčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. David Šmahel, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. et Mgr. Marie Bedrošová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martina Šmahelová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Jaromír Plhák, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Lenka Dědková, Ph.D.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Bc. Pavlína Brabcová
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Thu 12:00–13:40 P22
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 35 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 6/35, only registered: 0/35
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 28 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- After completing this lecture, students will understand the specifics of online communication in comparison to offline communication.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will:
- know communication theories that focus on computer-mediated communication
- understand the terms of synchronous and asynchronous communication, cueless environment, online disinhibition
- be able to describe how context, perceptions and individual's personality affect one's behavior online
- will have basic overview of online communication risks
- 1. Introduction 2. Communication theories 3. Specifics of different online environment 4. Anonymity, disinhibition, self-disclosure 5. Lying and pretending online 6. Self-presentation on social-networking sites 7. Communication within online communitites 8. Credibility of online information 9. Risky communication of children and adolescents 10. Online fraudulent content 11. Aggressive behavior online 12. Cyberhate and discrimination 13. Summary, discussion
- UHLS, Yalda T., Lupita ESPINOZA, Patricia GREENFIELD, Kaveri SUBRAHMANYAM and David ŠMAHEL. Internet Use and Electronic Technology. In Encyclopedia of Adolescence. New York: Academic Press, 2011. p. 160-168. 1 edition. ISBN 0-12-373915-2. URL info
- SUBRAHMANYAM, Kaveri and David ŠMAHEL. Digital Youth: The Role of Media in Development. New York: Springer, 2010. 248 pp. Advancing Responsible Adolescent Development. ISBN 1-4419-6277-8. URL info
- ŠMAHEL, David. Komunikace adolescentů v prostředí internetu (Communication of adolescents in the internet environment). Československá psychologie. Praha, 2003, vol. 2003, No 2, p. 144-156. ISSN 0009-062X. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, seminars, and reading.
- Assessment methods
- Attendance, presentation, final essay.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/spring2019/ZUR388