PrF:BV301Zk Sociology of Law - Course Information
BV301Zk Selected Chapters in Sociology of LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Martina Urbanová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jan Duda (assistant)
JUDr. Bc. Markéta Štěpáníková, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Martina Urbanová, Ph.D.
Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Hana Jelínková
Supplier department: Department of Legal Theory - Faculty of Law
- Fri 8. 11. 8:00–9:30 140, 9:35–11:05 140, Fri 22. 11. 8:00–9:30 140, 9:35–11:05 140, Fri 6. 12. 8:00–9:30 136, 9:35–11:05 136
- Basic knowledge from secondary school in the area of social sciences
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 180 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/180, only registered: 0/180
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Selected Chapters in Sociology of Law studies the relationship between law and society the mechanism of law in action to society. At the End of the course should be able to: understand and explain relationship between law and society.Students will be able to explain the mechanism of law in action to society. Work with information on Sociology in law.Graduates of the course are practically able abide by the rules of modern knowledges about creative work. Primary aim of the course is to develop the ability of the students to identify present social problems, to grasp their wider context and their influences in terms of fully interconnected world-system. Students will acquire theoretical knowledge of social processes and phenomena applicable in the solving of practical social problems.
- Definition of sociology of law, great authors and main lines of sociology of law Social deviancy and social kontrol Sociological methods in the study of law Demographic transitions. Theory of stratification, social exclusion, social inclusion,social and cultural capital, social inequality.
- required literature
- Večeřa, Miloš - Urbanová, Martina Vybrané kapitoly ze sociologie a psychologie práva. Ćást 1. sociologická. Brno: Masarykova univerzita.2010. ISBN 978-80-210-5064-8
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, class discussion,consultations, homework.
- Assessment methods
- The final test is composed of written and verbal examination Written examination, 8 questions, minimum 50% correct answers. Oral examination, 1 question and overview next questions, minimum 50% correct answers.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 hod. přednášek za semestr / 12 hrs of lectures per semester.