LF:ZLVL7X63 Int.Med. block 3-practice - Course Information
ZLVL7X63 Internal Medicine block 3 - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Mojmír Blaha, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Darja Krusová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ivan Řiháček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Miroslav Souček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Špác, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Eva Kašpárková (assistant), MUDr. Jan Svojanovský, Ph.D. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Miroslav Souček, CSc.
Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Second Department of Internal Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ZLVL7X63/21: Mon 18. 11. 7:30–12:20 N04001, Tue 19. 11. 7:30–12:20 N04001, Wed 20. 11. 7:30–12:20 N04001, Thu 21. 11. 7:30–12:20 N04001
ZLVL7X63/22: Mon 4. 11. 7:30–12:20 N04001, Tue 5. 11. 7:30–12:20 N04001, Wed 6. 11. 7:30–12:20 N04001, Thu 7. 11. 7:30–12:20 N04001
- ( ZLIP041p Clin.Exam.in Int.med.-lect. || ZLIP051p Clin.Exam.in Int.Med.I-lect. || ZLIP061p Clin.Introd.to Int.Med.-lect. ) && ZLPA0622c Pathology II - practice && ZLPF0622c Pathophys. II - practice && ZLFA0621c Pharmacology I - pract. && ZLED061p Restorat. Dent.-Endo.I -lect. && ZLPL0663c Prosthodont.in Dent.III-pract. && ZLOC0653c Oral Surgery III -pract. && ZLOR0641c Orthodontics I -pract.
Prerequisites have been met. Theoretical knowledge of pathological anatomy, pathological physiology, pharmacology. Active participation in seminars.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Attendance at the tuition is obligatory. After the completion of lessons the student will understand the probleme of diseases taught in the block No. 3: diabetology, nephrology, endokrinology, rheumatology. diseases of water, elektrolyte, mineral and acid-base metabolism. He/she will be able to discern symptoms of these disorders. Student will be able to recognize symptoms of these diseases, will know the investigation procedures and principles of treating these diseases. 4 days block training takes place at the 2nd Cliníc of Internal medicine.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the internal block 3, the student will be able to recognize the symptoms of the disease that is taught in this block, ie diabetology, nephrology, endocrinology, rheumatology, internal environment issues. He will know the investigation procedures and principles of treating these diseases. He will also know the correct principles of preventing these diseases.
- Kidney and urinary disease. Glomerular diseases. Nefrotic syndrome. Tubulointerstitial disease. Renal vascular disease. Acute and chronic renal failure. Renal replacemet therapy. Haemodialysis. Renal transplantation. Tumorous of the kidney and urinary tract.Urolithiasis. Endokrine disease. Diabetes insipidus.Acromegaly. Thyroid and parathyroid glands diseases. Adrenal glands diseases. Cushing s syndrome. Adrenal nsufficiency. Phaeochromocytoma. Diabetes mellitus typ 1 Diabetes mellitus typ 2 Diabetic ketoacidosis, Nonketotic hyperosmolar diabetic coma. hypoglycaemia. Management of the diabetes. Dietary management. Oral-antidiabetic drugs . Inzulin. Long-term complications of diabetes Inflamatory point disease. Rheumatoid arthritis. Systemic connective tissue disease. Osteoarthrosis. Spinal and back disease. Metabolic disease. Obesity. Hyperlipidemia. Metabolic bone disease. Malabsorption. Disorders of acid-base balance
- Navrátil L. a kol: Vnitřní lékařství pro nelékařské zdravotnické obory, Grada Publ. 2008
- Souček M., et all: Vnitřní lékařství pro stomatology. Praha. Grada publishing 2005, 380s. ISBN 80-247-1367-5
- Češka Richard.: Interna (2., aktualizované vydání) triton 2015, 870s, ISBN 978-80-885-6
- Teaching methods
- Lessons are taking place in blocks of 4 days: Attendance at the practicals is obligatory. Students are working in groups of 5-6 members at the patients bed. In the course of lessons the student go through a practical instruction in specialized clinical departments. The part of tuition are special seminars
- Assessment methods
- The qualification for getting the credit is active 100% attendance and regularly tested konwledge and skills of students. The test is oral.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught last offered.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/ZLVL7X63