LF:ZLVL7X66 Int.Med. block 6-practice - Course Information
ZLVL7X66 Internal Medicine block 6 - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Zdeněk Adam, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Mojmír Blaha, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Petr Brhel, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Alena Bulíková (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Lubomír Elbl, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Blanka Fischerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Aleš Hep, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Miluše Hertlová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Libuše Hrnčířová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Igor Kiss, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Milan Kozák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Darja Krusová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lubomír Křivan, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Andrea Křivanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jan Lata, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Malenka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Hana Matějovská Kubešová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jaroslav Meluzín, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Helena Němcová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Miroslav Novák, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ivo Novotný, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Miroslav Penka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Markéta Petrovová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Yvona Pospíšilová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Ivan Řiháček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Miroslav Souček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Jiří Špác, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jindřich Špinar, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Lenka Špinarová, Ph.D., FESC (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Josef Šumbera, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Miroslav Tomíška, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jiří Vítovec, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jitka Vlašínová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Lenka Bartlová (assistant)
Marta Casková (assistant)
Bohdana Furiková (assistant)
Eva Kašpárková (assistant)
Lenka Kovářová (assistant)
Jitka Macháčková (assistant)
Mgr. Irena Müllerová (assistant)
Alena Stodůlková (assistant)
David Tomášek (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Miroslav Souček, CSc.
Department of Occupational Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Occupational Medicine - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- ZLVL7X66/21: Fri 1. 11. 7:00–12:40 N02029
ZLVL7X66/22: Fri 10. 1. 7:00–12:40 N02029
- ( ZLIP041p Clin.Exam.in Int.med.-lect. || ZLIP051p Clin.Exam.in Int.Med.I-lect. || ZLIP061p Clin.Introd.to Int.Med.-lect. ) && ZLPA0622c Pathology II - practice && ZLPF0622c Pathophys. II - practice && ZLFA0621c Pharmacology I - pract. && ZLED061p Restorat. Dent.-Endo.I -lect. && ZLPL0663c Prosthodont.in Dent.III-pract. && ZLOC0653c Oral Surgery III -pract. && ZLOR0641c Orthodontics I -pract.
Completion the prerequisites:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Teaching is focused on the occupational medicine, occupational diseases and accidents at work. Students will learn to exposure to environmental factors working in various sectors of economic activity (including health and dentistry), with their monitoring and evaluation and the subsequent health risks. Receive information about the most common types of damage to health from work - occupational diseases, job related injuries, work related diseases. Students become familiar with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of selected occupational diseases. There are well informed abouth the field of legal issues (the list of occupational diseases, reporting, social and legal consequences of recognition). After successful completion of the course the student is able to: - Assess and explain the relationships and connections between work activity, factors in the work environment and health risks. - Apply the acquired knowledge and skills in occupational medicine in practice - for the protection of health at work, assessing fitness for work, the implementation of preventive examinations of workers at risk, prevention of occupational diseases. - Interpret results of basics investigatives techniques (X-ray, spirometry, audiometry, EMG, skin and allergy tests) in relation to the criteria of professional disease.
- Learning outcomes
- After the successful completion of this course the student is able to: - Assess and explain relationships and links between work activity, work environment factors and health risks. - Applying acquired knowledge and skills in occupational medicine to health - to protect health at work, assess health fitness to work, carry out preventive inspections of workers at risk, and prevent occupational diseases. - Interpret the results of basic objectivization investigation methods (X-ray, spirometry, audiometry, EMG, skin and allergy tests) in relation to the criteria of professionalism
- 1 Introduction: The impact of work and working conditions on the health of workers. The prevention diagnostics, treatment, and medicolegal aspects of diseases caused or exacerbated by working conditions: occupational diseases, accidents at work, work-related diseases. 2 Occupational health services in the Czech Republic. Occupational health ethics. Knowledge of the work environment, specific workplace hazards Medical examinations: pre-placement, periodic and special medical examinations, occupational history, biological monitoring, medical records. Treatment. Health education Rehabilitation and resettlement. 3 Occupational diseases and toxicology. List of occupational diseases (appendix of government decree no. 290/1995) Occupational diseases due to chemical agents. Occupational diseases due to physical agents (work-related cumulative trauma disorders of the hand and arm, hand-arm vibration syndrome, noise induced hearing loss, non-stochastic and stochastic health effects of ionizing radiation). Occupational lung disorders, pneumoconioses,asthma, malignancy. Occupational dermatoses, primary irritant contact dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, neoplasms. Occupational infections. 4 Mental health at work 5 The main areas of law relevant to occupational health , workers compensation law
- recommended literature
- Brhel P., Manoušková M., Hrnčíř E., Pracovní lékařství. Základy primární pracovnělékařské péče, 1. vydání, Brno, NCO NZO, 2005, 338 s., ISBN 80-7013-414-3
- Pelclová D. a kol. Nemoci z povolání a intoxikace. 3., doplněné vydání. Praha: Karolinum, 2014, 316 s. ISBN 978-80-246-2597-3.
- BRHEL, Petr and Viera VALKOVÁ. Occupational Disorders. (An Overview for Foreign Students; in English) (Ocupational Disorders). 1. vydání. Brno: Masarykova Universita, 1997. 40 pp. ISBN 80-210-1559-4. info
- not specified
- 1. Souček M. a kol.: Vnitřní lékařství. Grada 2011, Praha, 1788 str.
- Teaching methods
- The teaching contains class exercises.
- Assessment methods
- 100% presence is required. The end of classes as a class discussion.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught last offered.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 15.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/ZLVL7X66