LF:aVLTZ0451 Theor. Bases of Clinical Med I - Course Information
aVLTZ0451 Theoretical Bases of Clinical Medicine I - seminarFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1.5/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PharmDr. Petr Babula, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Markéta Bébarová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MVDr. Aleš Hampl, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michal Jurajda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Marta Krejčí, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Milan Krtička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Lokaj, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Robert Mikulík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martin Pešl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Rotrekl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Veronika Slonková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lenka Veverková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Jarmila Jelínková (assistant)
Věra Ježková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Leoš Křen, Ph.D.
Department of Pathology - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Department of Pathology - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine (90,00 %), Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine (10,00 %)
- Fri 14:00–15:40 B22/116 aula
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aVLFY0321c Physiology I - practice && aVLFY0321s Physiology I - seminar && aVLBC0321s Biochemistry I - sem. && aVLBC0321c Biochemistry I - pract. && aVLBI0222p Medical Biology II - lect. && aVLAN0222c Anatomy II dis. && aVLAN0222s Anatomy II s
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This newly introduced subject focuses on overview exercising of substantial problems from the point of view of anatomist, embryologist, physiologist, pathological physiologist, pathologist, microbiologist, immunologist and finally, corresponding clinician. Using this approach we will conceptually approach closer to strategy of USMLE, Step 1.
- Stem cells, wound healing, regeneration in medicine Guarantor of topic: doc. MVDr. Aleš Hampl, CSc. 1. Importance and perspectives od stem cells application in medicine I (2 hrs, , MUDr. Martin Pešl, Ph.D.; Mgr. Vladimír Rotrekl, Ph.D.) 2. Importance and perspectives od stem cells application in medicine II (2 hrs, doc. Hampl) 3. Wound healing in dermatology (2 hrs, dr. Slonková) 4. Autologous and allogenic hematopoietic stem cells transplantation: introduction, contemporary indications and trends (2 hrs, prof. M. Krejčí) 5. Possibilities of using of cardiomyocytes produced by induced pluripotent stem cells of individual patient i medicine (1 hr, doc. Bébarová) Wound healing in surgery (1 hr, doc. Veverková) Metabolic bone diseases Guarantor of topic: prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. 6. Osteoporosis, osteodystrophy, and osteomalacia: Bone state in patients with chronic renal failure: pathophysiological point of view (2 hrs, prof. A. Vašků) 7. Metabolism of calcium and phosphates (1 hr, doc. Babula) Laboratory diagnostics (Ca, phosphates, PTH, PTHrP, vitamin D, paraproteins) – 1 hr, doc. Babula) 8. Clinical example (woman aged 85, living alone with pathophysiological fracture history)- (1 hr, prof. A. Vašků) 9. Easter Molecularbiology concepts in oncogenesis Guarantor of topic: prof. MUDr. Anna Vašků, CSc. 10. Concept of „Read and Write“ genome and consequences of its application in oncology (prof. A.Vašků, 2 hrs) 11. Importance of epigenetics in oncology (prof. Slabý; 1.5 hr) 12. „Next generation sequencing“ in oncology (doc. Mráz, 2 hrs) 13. Importance of cytogenetics in hematological malignancies (doc. Ševčíková, 2 hrs) 14. EXAM TEST
- recommended literature
- SILBERNAGL, Stefan and Florian LANG. Color atlas of pathophysiology. 3rd edition. Stuttgart: Thieme, 2016. x, 438. ISBN 9783131165534. info
- DAMJANOV, Ivan. Pathophysiology. Illustrated by Matt Chansky. 1st ed. Philadelphia: Saunders/Elsevier, 2009. vii, 464. ISBN 9781416002291. info
- Teaching methods
- Education will be realised by interactive seminars, practicals and lections.
- Assessment methods
- Written test at the end of each semester.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 22,5.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2021/aVLTZ0451