LF:BLZF0311c Fundamentals of Pharmacology-p - Course Information
BLZF0311c Fundamentals of Pharmacology - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.4/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Jana Pistovčáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. MVDr. Leoš Landa, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MVDr. Dagmar Vršková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Jan Juřica, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Mgr. Karel Šlais, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Jana Rudá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PharmDr. Ondřej Zendulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Lucia Zendulková Zahradníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Říhová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jana Nováková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Hana Kolaříková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Michal Němeček (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Alexandra Šulcová, CSc.
Department of Pharmacology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Renata Bláblová
- Mon 13. 10. 13:30–16:00 N03206/206, Mon 20. 10. 13:30–16:00 N03206/206
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- BLLC0111p Med.Chem.- lecture
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Laboratory Assistant (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- From the course on pharmacology students are expected to obtain: a) from lectures and seminars: a clarification of integration in the field of biomedical subjects such as chemistry, physiology, molecular biology, pathology and pathological physiology enabling them to understand why, what mechanism by, and what conditions on, drugs and their combinations may elicit therapeutic, adverse, and toxic effects. They will acquire an orientation in drug classes according to their main therapeutic indications with an attention paid to common drug-drug interactions. Information on drug development process, rules of preclinical and clinical drug testing will also be given. b) from practicals: a training in practical skills in "pharmacological thinking" in cases of need to make a choice of drug, dosing regimen, route and techniques of administration, and an elimination of adverse interactions with drugs simultaneously given.
- Seminar 1. Experimental pharmacology.
- Pharmacological calculations.
- Seminar 2. Preclinical drug evaluation and clinical trials.
- Prescription of individually prepared and ready-made preparations.
- Survey of drug dosage forms and application routes.
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice Martínková, Jiřina. Farmakologie. Pro studenty zdravotnických oborů, Grada Publishing, 2007. 380 s. ISBN 978-80-247-1356-4
- LÜLLMANN, Heinz, Klaus MOHR and Lutz HEIN. Barevný atlas farmakologie. Translated by Maxmilián Wenke - Elfrída Mühlbachová. 3. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2007. xi, 372. ISBN 9788024716725. info
- Výběr z učebnice pro zdravotnické školy, J. Neuwirth: Klinická propedeutika
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice: http://books.google.cz/books?ct=result&q=farmakologie&lr=&as_brr=3&sa=N&start=0
- Vybrané kapitoly z učebnice: http://books.google.cz/books?id=7lNQpLuETq4C&printsec=frontcover&dq=farmakologie&lr=&as_brr=3#PPA4,M1
- Assessment methods
- During the studying the student has to prove active knowledge of pharmacology acquired to get the credit. The student has to pass the final written multiple-choice test - colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials