LF:DSCB060 MU Life Sciences Seminar - Course Information
DSCB060 Masaryk University Life Sciences Seminar sponsored by CEITEC and ICRCFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Vítězslav Bryja, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Alena Damborská, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mary Anne O'Connell, PhD. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Papoušková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Karel Říha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Vladimír Sklenář, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martina Vráblíková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 77 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the MU Life Sciences Seminar is to become an ongoing prestigious seminar series at UKB in the interconnected and complementary fields, collectively called "Life Sciences". The seminar series, expanding already successfully implemented CEITEC Structural Biology Seminar Series, is focused on currently growing fields, which combine modern methods of biophysics, computational modelling, imaging, biochemistry and molecular biology with "more classical" disciplines such as microbiology, cell biology, physiology, genetics, toxicology, developmental and evolutionary biology and medicine. Purpose: The purpose of the seminar series is to (i) invite to Brno renowned speakers from abroad to establish and develop professional contacts, (ii) create a Seminar Series of excellence, which will inspire and motivate both scientists and students at MU, and (iii) finally, to promote mutual contacts and interaction between individual labs/departments working at UKB. This seminar series includes the Mendel lectures. Community: All Departments and PhD programs, whose research encompass “Life Sciences” and are situated at UKB, are very welcome to join the Seminar Series. Format: One hour talk takes place each Thursday during the semester at 15:00 in lecture hall 114/A11, followed by happy hour for the audience at the bridge of A35 pavilion or outside the pavilion A11 (weather depended). Host (a person, which nominated the speaker) together with the administrator are responsible to arrange the program of visit for the speaker with the aim to maximize the interaction with interested local scientists.
- Updated programme to be found at the following websites: www.ceitec.cz/life-sciences-seminar-series/t2068 www.mendellectures.muni.cz
- VOET, Donald, Judith G. VOET and Charlotte W. PRATT. Fundamentals of biochemistry : life at the molecular level. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2008. xxx, 1099. ISBN 9780470129302. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar; Lecture & presentation
- Assessment methods
- Sufficient presence (80% = 8 lectures per semester) at the MU Life Science Seminar Series is required. The presence will be checked using the official attendance lists. It is possible to substitute an absence by attending a Mendel lecture.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.