LF:MCB060 MU Life Sciences Seminar - Course Information
MCB060 Masaryk University Life Sciences Seminar sponsored by CEITEC and ICRCFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Vítězslav Bryja, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Mary Anne O'Connell, PhD. (lecturer)
prof. Mgr. Stanislav Pekár, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Karel Říha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Vladimír Sklenář, DrSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Ondřej Slabý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Dominika Hobzová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Nesvadbová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Dominika Hobzová
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Students need to have good knowledge of university level biology and other respective fields related to the Mendel lecture talks.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Life Sciences Seminar Series is a prestigious seminar series at Masaryk University in the interconnected and complementary fields, collectively called "Life Sciences". The seminar series is mainly focused on currently growing fields which combine modern methods of biophysics, computational modeling, imaging, biochemistry and molecular biology with "more classical" disciplines such as microbiology, cell biology, physiology, genetics, toxicology, developmental and evolutionary biology and medicine. The purpose of the seminar series is to - invite to Brno renowned speakers from abroad to establish and develop professional contacts, - create a seminar series of excellence, which will inspire and motivate both scientists and students at MU, and finally, - promote mutual contacts and interaction between individual labs/departments working at University Campus Bohunice
- Learning outcomes
- Students will obtain knowledge about currently growing fields, which combine modern methods of biophysics, computational modelling, imaging, biochemistry and molecular biology with "more classical" disciplines such as microbiology, cell biology, physiology, genetics, toxicology, developmental and evolutionary biology and medicine.
- The actual program will be found on www.mendellectures.muni.cz and https://seminarseries.muni.cz/life-sciences/about-the-series
- VOET, Donald, Judith G. VOET and Charlotte W. PRATT. Fundamentals of biochemistry : life at the molecular level. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2008. xxx, 1099. ISBN 9780470129302. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminar; Lecture & presentation
- Assessment methods
- Active attendance required. Minimum 80% of obligatory attendance or upon decision of student´s supervisor.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Rozvrh pro období jaro 2015 bude zveřejněn v So 31. 1. 2015.
- Teacher's information