LF:VLMB011 Imaging and analytical methods - Course Information
VLMB011 Modern imaging and analytical methods in cellular biologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/.6. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Kateřina Cetkovská, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Petr Fojtík (lecturer)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Pospíšilová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Ondřej Slabý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Iva Slaninová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ondřej Slabý, Ph.D.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Mgr. Kateřina Cetkovská, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- VLBI0222p Medical Biology II-lect. || ZLBI0222p Biology II -lect. || PřF:Bi1700 Cell Biology || VSBI0222p Biology II-lect.
Students need to have cell biology knowledge at the level of 1st year of university, proven with an exam (VLBI0222p, ZLBI0222p or Bi1700), knowledge of Czech language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 10/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- After completion of the course student: gets an overview of currently used methods of molecular and cell imaging and analysis; and will see some of their applications in practice. Student will see following laboratories and devices in operation: imaging of biomolecules in cells and tissues (cell-imaging); electron microscopy; flow-cytometry; whole genome sequencing; and DNA microarray analysis. Student will understand the principle and possibilities of application of these methods; will be more familiar with the modern study of biological material and their use in biomedical research and modern medicine, and will be capable of basic interpretation of results obtained from these methods.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will understand the principle and possibilities of application of these methods; will be more familiar with the modern study of biological material and their use in biomedical research and modern medicine, and will be capable of basic interpretation of results obtained from these methods.
- Visualization of biomolecules at the cellular level
- Cell ultrastructure analysis using electron microscopy
- Flow-cytometry: analysis of cell populations
- Analysis and annotation of whole genome DNA sequencing
- DNA microarrays in gene expression analysis
- recommended literature
- prezentace z přednášek
- Teaching methods
- seminar, lab demonstration
- Assessment methods
- Course completion requires full atendance in the seminars and passin a final written test (5 questions on understanding the principle and use of illustrated methods - student answer in their own words, credit is awarded in case of answering at least 4 questions out of 5).
Attendance at all seminars is mandatory
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: celkem 10.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 10.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Pokud nemá student zkoušku z Biologie II, musí mít absolvovaný předmět Bunečná biologie Bi1700 na PřF.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2020/VLMB011