LF:BOOT0633 Pathology of the Eye III - Course Information
BOOT0633 Pathology of the Eye IIIFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. MUDr. Svatopluk Synek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Monika Synková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Svatopluk Synek, CSc.
Department of Optometry and Orthoptics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Anna Petruželková
- Mon 25. 5. to Fri 29. 5. each working day 8:00–14:00 N02901
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
BOOT0633/B: Mon 16. 2. to Fri 27. 2. each working day 8:00–14:00 N02902, Mon 2. 3. to Fri 13. 3. each working day 8:00–14:00 P01016, Mon 16. 3. to Fri 27. 3. each working day 8:00–14:00 N16190
BOOT0633/C: Mon 16. 2. to Fri 27. 2. each working day 8:00–14:00 N16190, Mon 2. 3. to Fri 13. 3. each working day 8:00–14:00 N02902, Mon 16. 3. to Fri 27. 3. each working day 8:00–14:00 P01016
- BOOT0532 Pathology of the Eye II
Basic ophthalmology, refractive disorders, anomaly of binocular vision, examination of anterior and posterior segment of eye
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Optometry (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- Aim of this subject is hand over to students compact scheme of all pathological processes of defects and diseases of eye. Eye pathology study diseases end defects of eye according to particular structure of this organ , but also according to function and according to influence of general diseases to the eye.
- -disorders of the eyelids , changes of schape , position , marginal blepharitis , inflammation of the meibomian glands and glands of Zeis , tumours. -disorders of the lacrimal drainage system. -disorders of the conjuctiva , degenerations , acute and chronic inflamations , division and etiology. -bacterial, viral, chlamydial , fungoid and allergis conjuctivitis -disorders of the cornea : congenital anomalies , corneal degenerations , inflamations , ophthalmia neonatorum cause by gonorhea. -cornea surgery. -disorders of sclera and vitreous. -disorders of uvea , congenital anomalies , inflamations : anterior , intermediate and posterior uveitis , acute and chronic uveitis. -etiology of uveitis , treatment. -intraocular tumours. -disorders of retina , examinations techniques , retinal vascular diseases , retinal degeneration. -angiosclerotic retinopathy , diabetic retinopathy. -vitreoretinal surgery. -revision.
- Assessment methods
- class exercises, examination
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.