LF:BOOT0633 Pathology of the Eye III - Course Information
BOOT0633 Pathology of the Eye IIIFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/4/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. MUDr. Svatopluk Synek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Monika Synková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. MUDr. Svatopluk Synek, CSc.
Department of Optometry and Orthoptics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Anna Petruželková
Supplier department: Department of Optometry and Orthoptics - Departments of Non-medical Branches - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- BOOT0633/01: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Synková
BOOT0633/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Synková
BOOT0633/03: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Synková
- BOOT0532 Pathology of the Eye II && BOKV0532p Contact Lens II-lec. && BOKV0532c Contact Lens II-p
Basic ophthalmology, refractive disorders, anomaly of binocular vision, examination of anterior and posterior segment of eye
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Optics and Optometry (programme LF, B-SZ)
- Course objectives
- After finishing this course a student will be able to identify and describe basic pathological states, which could appear on eye and its neighborhood. The student will be able to define which part of the eye is affected by pathological process and whether the disease influences other organs.
- disorders of the eyelids , changes of schape , position , marginal blepharitis , inflammation of the meibomian glands and glands of Zeis , tumours.
- disorders of the lacrimal drainage system.
- disorders of the conjuctiva , degenerations , acute and chronic inflamations , division and etiology.
- bacterial, viral, chlamydial , fungoid and allergis conjuctivitis
- disorders of the cornea : congenital anomalies , corneal degenerations , inflamations , ophthalmia neonatorum cause by gonorhea.
- cornea surgery.
- disorders of sclera and vitreous.
- disorders of uvea , congenital anomalies , inflamations : anterior , intermediate and posterior uveitis , acute and chronic uveitis.
- etiology of uveitis , treatment.
- intraocular tumours.
- disorders of retina , examinations techniques , retinal vascular diseases , retinal degeneration.
- angiosclerotic retinopathy , diabetic retinopathy.
- vitreoretinal surgery.
- Teaching methods
- theoretical training, practice, class discussion, recapitulate
- Assessment methods
- class exercises, examination
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.