LF:VLVL9X62c Internal medicine part 2 - Course Information
VLVL9X62c Internal medicine part 2 - Cardiology and AngiologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Stanislav Janoušek, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Irena Andršová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Marián Felšőci, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Martin Fiala, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Václav Chaloupka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Stanislav Janoušek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Petr Kala, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jan Kaňovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Krystyna Kluz, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Milan Kozák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lubomír Křivan, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lenka Kubková (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Růžena Lábrová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Ondřej Ludka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Petr Neugebauer, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Tomáš Novotný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Mgr. Jiří Pařenica, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Milan Sepši, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jiří Schildberger, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Martina Šišáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Iva Tomášková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Jitka Vlašínová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Alena Stodůlková (assistant)
Hana Zemanová (assistant)
Alena Zmeškal Kolářová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Jindřich Špinar, CSc.
Department of Internal Cardiology Medicine - Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno - Adult Age Medicine - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: doc. MUDr. Milan Kozák, Ph.D.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VLVL9X62c/09: Mon 30. 5. to Fri 10. 6. each working day 7:30–12:20 N06034
VLVL9X62c/10: Mon 16. 5. to Fri 27. 5. each working day 7:30–12:20 N13191a
VLVL9X62c/11: Mon 2. 5. to Fri 13. 5. each working day 7:30–12:20 N06034
VLVL9X62c/12: Mon 18. 4. to Fri 29. 4. each working day 7:30–12:20 N13191a
VLVL9X62c/15: Mon 4. 4. to Fri 15. 4. each working day 7:30–12:20 N13191a
VLVL9X62c/16: Mon 21. 2. to Fri 4. 3. each working day 7:30–12:20 N13191a
VLVL9X62c/30: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLCH0832c Surgery II - practicals && ( VLVL9X65c Internal medicine part 5 || VLVL7X65c Internal medicine part 5 ) && ( VLFA0822p Pharmacology II - L || VLFA0722p Pharmacology - L )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The student should know the basic physical examination and functional tests in cardiology, should interpret ECG and recognize important arrhythmias. He/she must be able to describe basic examination in cardiology. He/she must be able to describe signs and symptoms of the most frequent cardiovascular disease, like hypertension, ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, arrhythmias, pulmonary embolism, peripheral artery disease, cardiogenic shock, syncope, pulmonary oedema, aortic aneurysm. He/shy must know the basic pathology of congenital and acquired valve disease, endocarditis, myocarditis and pericarditis. He/she must know the cardiovascular pharmacology as well as non-pharmacological treatment including pacing, resynchronisation and defibrillation. He/she must be able to describe the methods in invasive cardiology and cardio surgery. He/she must know the cardiovascular risk factors and to describe the pathophysiology of atherosclerosis.
- Cardiology Chronic coronary artery disease stable angina pectoris, silent ischemia angina pectoris inversa, etiology, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis of the chest pain, methods of examination, risk factors, primary and secondary prevention, complications, therapy, prognosis, classification (CCSC) Acute coronary artery disease nonstable angina pectoris, acute myocardial infarction, sudden death, etiology and pathophysiology, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis Myocarditis virus, bacterial and parainfectious etiology, pathophysiology, methods of examination, complications, relation to dilated cardiomyopathy, prognosis, therapy Endocarditis noninfectious, bacterial endocarditis , etiology and pathophysiology, typical forms, high risk population ( valvular disease, after valvular replacement, intravenous drug users, imunocompromised patients ), methods of exmaination, differential diagnosis, surgical vs. nonsurgical treatment, indications, prognosis. Tachyarrhythmias supraventricular ( atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, other supraventricular tachcardias ), ventricular ( ventricular tachycardia, fast ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation ), premature beats, etiology, pathophysiology, differentila diagnosis, farmacologic, nonfarmacologic treatment including radiofrequency catether ablations and implantable cardiovertors-defbillators. Bradyarrhythmias sinus bradycardia, rythm of AV junction, sinoatrial arrest and block, AV block II. and III. ventricular asystole, etiology and pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, syncope, methods of examination, HUT test, farmacologic treatment, cardiac pacemaker implantation. Left ventricular insufficiency acute ( Killip classiffication) etiology, pathophysiology, therapy, chronic, NYHA classiffication, etiology, pathophysiology, treatment ( including heart transplantation ), prognosis. Cor pulmonale acute ( incl. acute pulmonary embolism ), chronic, etiology, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis primary pulmonary hypertension, therapy, prognosis Heart valvular disease etiology and pathophysiology, congenital, febris rheumatica, single valvular disease, multiple valvular disease, differential diagnosis, complications, farmacologic, surgical, cathetrization therapy, prognosis Congenital valvular disease in adults defect of atrial septum, defect of ventricular septum, Fallot tetralogy, Ebstein's anomalia, transpozition of main vessels, dustus arteriosus perzistens, etiology, pathophysiology, therapy, prognosis Venous disease acute vein thromboflebitis ( flebothrombosis ), etiology and pathophysiology, extraordinary forms ( phlegmasia alba and coerulea dolens ) differential diagnosis, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prevention, varicous complex, consequencies of recurrent thromboflebitis, superior and inferior vena cava syndrome. Arterial disease ischemic arterial disease, thrombangitis obliterans, acute peripherial artery strokes ( embolisation and thrombosis ). coarctation of the aorta, aortal dissection, etiology, pathophysiology, diferential diagnosis, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis. Arterial hypertension essential and secondary hypertension, etiology, pathophysiology, classiffication methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis Pericarditis and pericardial effusion virus, bacterial malignant and noninfectious etiology, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis Cardiomypathy deffinition, primary ( idiopathic ), secondary ( specific ), morfologic stratification, hypertrofic, dilated and restrictive ), arrhythmogenic right ventricle dysplazia, etiology pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis Methods of examination in cardiology anamnesis, laboratory assesment, noninvasive methods ( electrocardiography, X ray methods, NMR, echocardiography, radionuclear methods, stress examinations, signal averaged ECG, Holter monitoring, heart rate variability, baroreflex senzitivity ), invasive ( right and left heart cathetrization, coronary angiography, eledtrophysiology, heart biopsy )
- Vítovec, Jiří - Špinar, Jindřich. Farmakoterapie kardiovaskulárních onemocnění. Grada, 2004. 248 s.
- Ascherman, M. a kol. Kardiologie. Galen, 2004. 1481 s.
- Dítě, P. a kol. Vnitřní lékařství. Galen, 2007. 586 s.
- SOUČEK, Miroslav, Jindřich ŠPINAR and Petr SVAČINA. Vnitřní lékařství pro stomatology. 1. vydání. Praha, 2005. 380 pp. ISBN 80-247-1367-5. info
- ŠPINAR, Jindřich and Jiří VÍTOVEC. Ischemická choroba srdeční. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2003. 361 s. ISBN 8024705001. info
- Assessment methods
- Course is organized as 10 days intership at cardiological clinics. Course is composed of collective seminars to the given topics and practical bed-side demonstrations in small groups. The condition for giving course unit credit is full attendance in all lessons and completition of final test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.