LF:VLVL9X62c Internal medicine part 2 - Course Information
VLVL9X62c Internal medicine part 2 - Cardiology and AngiologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3.2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Blanka Fischerová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Július Godava (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Anna Chaloupka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Lubomír Křivan, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. František Lehar, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jaroslav Meluzín, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Tereza Mikušová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Hana Moravcová (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Andrej Nagy (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Abdul Qadeer Negahban (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Miroslav Novák, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Hana Poloczková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Karin Poloková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Zdeňka Pospíšilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Robert Prosecký, MPH (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Filip Souček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Lenka Špinarová, Ph.D., FESC (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Josef Šumbera, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Klaudia Vyskočilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Karel Zeman, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Lenka Hochmanová (assistant)
Jitka Macháčková (assistant)
Alena Stodůlková (assistant)
prof. MUDr. Jiří Vítovec, CSc. (assistant)
Hana Zemanová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Jiří Vítovec, CSc.
First Department of Internal Medicine - Cardioangiology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Lenka Špinarová, Ph.D., FESC
Supplier department: First Department of Internal Medicine - Cardioangiology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- VLCH0832c Surgery II - practicals && ( VLFA0822p Pharmacology II - L || VLFA0722p Pharmacology - L )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The student should know the basic physical examination and functional tests in cardiology, should interpret ECG and recognize important arrhythmias. He/she must be able to describe basic examination in cardiology. He/she must be able to describe signs and symptoms of the most frequent cardiovascular disease, like hypertension, ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, arrhythmias, pulmonary embolism, peripheral artery disease, cardiogenic shock, syncope, pulmonary oedema, aortic aneurysm. He/shy must know the basic pathology of congenital and acquired valve disease, endocarditis, myocarditis and pericarditis. He/she must know the cardiovascular pharmacology as well as non-pharmacological treatment including pacing, resynchronisation and defibrillation. He/she must be able to describe the methods in invasive cardiology and cardio surgery. He/she must know the cardiovascular risk factors and to describe the pathophysiology of atherosclerosis.
- Learning outcomes
- The student have to know the basic physical examination and functional tests in cardiology, should interpret ECG and recognize important arrhythmias. He/she must be able to describe basic examination in cardiology. He/she must be able to describe signs and symptoms of the most frequent cardiovascular disease vide objectives of the subject
- Cardiology Chronic coronary artery disease stable angina pectoris, silent ischemia angina pectoris inversa, etiology, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis of the chest pain, methods of examination, risk factors, primary and secondary prevention, complications, therapy, prognosis, classification (CCSC) Acute coronary artery disease nonstable angina pectoris, acute myocardial infarction, sudden death, etiology and pathophysiology, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis Myocarditis virus, bacterial and parainfectious etiology, pathophysiology, methods of examination, complications, relation to dilated cardiomyopathy, prognosis, therapy Endocarditis noninfectious, bacterial endocarditis , etiology and pathophysiology, typical forms, high risk population ( valvular disease, after valvular replacement, intravenous drug users, imunocompromised patients ), methods of exmaination, differential diagnosis, surgical vs. nonsurgical treatment, indications, prognosis. Tachyarrhythmias supraventricular ( atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, other supraventricular tachcardias ), ventricular ( ventricular tachycardia, fast ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation ), premature beats, etiology, pathophysiology, differentila diagnosis, farmacologic, nonfarmacologic treatment including radiofrequency catether ablations and implantable cardiovertors-defbillators. Bradyarrhythmias sinus bradycardia, rythm of AV junction, sinoatrial arrest and block, AV block II. and III. ventricular asystole, etiology and pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, syncope, methods of examination, HUT test, farmacologic treatment, cardiac pacemaker implantation. Left ventricular insufficiency acute ( Killip classiffication) etiology, pathophysiology, therapy, chronic, NYHA classiffication, etiology, pathophysiology, treatment ( including heart transplantation ), prognosis. Cor pulmonale acute ( incl. acute pulmonary embolism ), chronic, etiology, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis primary pulmonary hypertension, therapy, prognosis Heart valvular disease etiology and pathophysiology, congenital, febris rheumatica, single valvular disease, multiple valvular disease, differential diagnosis, complications, farmacologic, surgical, cathetrization therapy, prognosis Congenital valvular disease in adults defect of atrial septum, defect of ventricular septum, Fallot tetralogy, Ebstein's anomalia, transpozition of main vessels, dustus arteriosus perzistens, etiology, pathophysiology, therapy, prognosis Venous disease acute vein thromboflebitis ( flebothrombosis ), etiology and pathophysiology, extraordinary forms ( phlegmasia alba and coerulea dolens ) differential diagnosis, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prevention, varicous complex, consequencies of recurrent thromboflebitis, superior and inferior vena cava syndrome. Arterial disease ischemic arterial disease, thrombangitis obliterans, acute peripherial artery strokes ( embolisation and thrombosis ). coarctation of the aorta, aortal dissection, etiology, pathophysiology, diferential diagnosis, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis. Arterial hypertension essential and secondary hypertension, etiology, pathophysiology, classiffication methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis Pericarditis and pericardial effusion virus, bacterial malignant and noninfectious etiology, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis Cardiomypathy deffinition, primary ( idiopathic ), secondary ( specific ), morfologic stratification, hypertrofic, dilated and restrictive ), arrhythmogenic right ventricle dysplazia, etiology pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, methods of examination, complications, therapy, prognosis Methods of examination in cardiology anamnesis, laboratory assesment, noninvasive methods ( electrocardiography, X ray methods, NMR, echocardiography, radionuclear methods, stress examinations, signal averaged ECG, Holter monitoring, heart rate variability, baroreflex senzitivity ), invasive ( right and left heart cathetrization, coronary angiography, eledtrophysiology, heart biopsy )
- recommended literature
- Davidson's principles and practice of medicine. Edited by Brian R. Walker. 22nd ed. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone/Elsevier, 2014. xix, 1372. ISBN 9780702050350. info
- SOUČEK, Miroslav, Jindřich ŠPINAR, Jiří VORLÍČEK, Zdeněk ADAM, Dagmar ADÁMKOVÁ KRÁKOROVÁ, Lenka BABIČKOVÁ, Karola BALŠÍKOVÁ, Drahomíra BARTOŠOVÁ, Otakar BEDNAŘÍK, Richard BERGER, Šárka BOHATÁ, Petr BRHEL, Tomáš BRYCHTA, Yvona BRYCHTOVÁ, Alena BULIKOVÁ, Petr BURKOŇ, Ivan ČAPOV, Aleš ČERMÁK, Eva ČEŠKOVÁ, Milan DASTYCH, Regina DEMLOVÁ, Petr DÍTĚ, Jiří DOLINA, Michael DOUBEK, Martina DOUBKOVÁ, Lenka DUBSKÁ, Ladislav DUŠEK, Pavel FABIAN, Vuk FAIT, Zdeněk FOJTÍK, Lenka FORETOVÁ, Tomáš FREIBERGER, Renata GAILLYOVÁ, Roman GÁL, Ladislav GROCH, Marek HAKL, Jana HALÁMKOVÁ, Aleš HEP, Jitka HILLOVÁ MANNOVÁ, Ota HLINOMAZ, Ivo HOFÍREK, Jan HOLČÍK, Alena HOLČÍKOVÁ, Alena HONDLOVÁ, Anna HRAZDIROVÁ, Jan HRUDA, Petr HUSA, Libuše HUSOVÁ, Richard CHALOUPKA, Václav CHALOUPKA, Josef CHOVANEC, Stanislav JANOUŠEK, Jana JURÁNKOVÁ, Ladislav KABELKA, Zdeněk KADAŇKA, Bohdan KADLEC, Zdeněk KALA, Bohuslav KIANIČKA, Dagmar KINDLOVÁ, Igor KISS, Jarmila KISSOVÁ, Martin KLABUSAY, Ivo KOCÁK, Jiří KÖNIG, Jana KOPTÍKOVÁ, Zdeněk KOŘÍSTEK, Zdeněk KRÁL, Milan KRATOCHVÍL, Lenka KRBKOVÁ, Marta KREJČÍ, Petr KRIFTA, Petr KROUPA, Darja KRUSOVÁ, Lucie KŘIKAVOVÁ, Růžena LÁBROVÁ, Radek LAKOMÝ, Jan LATA, Jolana LIPOLDOVÁ, Jiří LITZMAN, Ondřej LUDKA, Jan MALÁSKA, Hana MATĚJOVSKÁ KUBEŠOVÁ, Jiří MATOUŠEK, Pavel MATUŠKA, Miloslava MATÝŠKOVÁ, Jaroslav MELUZÍN, Hana MELUZÍNOVÁ, Zdeněk MERTA, Blanka MIČÁNKOVÁ ADAMOVÁ, Miroslav MORÁŇ, Vojtěch MORNSTEIN, Jan MUŽÍK, Tomáš NEBESKÝ, Anna NEČASOVÁ, Marta NEDBÁLKOVÁ, Miroslava NEKULOVÁ, Petr NĚMEC, Jiří NEUBAUER, Pavel NOHEL, Jana BĚLOBRÁDKOVÁ, Miroslav NOVÁK, Bronislava NOVOTNÁ, Petr ŠTOURAČ and Vojtěch THON. Vnitřní lékařství (Internal Medicine). 1.vyd. Praha, Brno: Grada, 2011. 1788 pp. Vnitřní lékařství. ISBN 978-80-247-2110-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Course is organized as 10 days intership at cardiological clinics. Course is composed of collective seminars to the given topics and practical bed-side demonstrations in small groups.
- Assessment methods
- The condition for giving course unit credit is full attendance in all lessons and completition of final credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 48.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/autumn2019/VLVL9X62c