LF:VLVL9X61c Internal medicine part 1 - Course Information
VLVL9X61c Internal medicine part 1 - PneumologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Jana Skřičková, CSc. (lecturer)
MUDr. Zdeněk Merta, CSc. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Lenka Jakubíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Martina Doubková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Anna Hrazdirová (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Kristián Brat, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Marcela Tomíšková (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Yvonne Staňková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
MUDr. Vladimír Herout (seminar tutor), prof. MUDr. Jana Skřičková, CSc. (deputy)
MUDr. Marek Plutinský (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Jana Skřičková, CSc.
Department of Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis - Joint workplaces with the University Hospital Brno - workplaces of the Bohunice and Mater. Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: Kateřina Tichá
Supplier department: Department of Pulmonary Diseases and Tuberculosis - Joint workplaces with the University Hospital Brno - workplaces of the Bohunice and Mater. Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VLVL9X61c/01: Mon 27. 3. to Fri 31. 3. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01176
VLVL9X61c/02: Mon 13. 3. to Fri 17. 3. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01176
VLVL9X61c/03: Mon 27. 2. to Fri 3. 3. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01176
VLVL9X61c/04: Mon 5. 6. to Fri 9. 6. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01176
VLVL9X61c/05: Mon 22. 5. to Fri 26. 5. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01176
VLVL9X61c/06: Mon 8. 5. to Fri 12. 5. each working day 7:30–12:20 N01176
VLVL9X61c/30: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VLVL9X61c/31: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- VLCH0832c Surgery II - practicals && ( VLFA0822p Pharmacology II - L || VLFA0722p Pharmacology - L )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- General Medicine (eng.) (programme LF, M-VL)
- General Medicine (programme LF, M-VL)
- Course objectives
- Objectives: At the course’s end, the student will be able to understand the pathophysiology of respiration. The most common respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, pneumonia, and lung cancer will be presented and their treatment explained. Interpretation skills at chest X-ray , spirometry, blood gas analysis, and other basic diagnostic methods will be honed. Extensive watching of bronchoscopic examination, chest drainage and ICU-related procedures will be available. At the course’s end, the student will be able to outline the differential diagnosis of the most common symptoms of pulmonaryg disease such as breathlessness, cough, sputum production, hemoptysis, and chest pain,.
- Teaching is focused on theoretical and practical knowledge within the full range of pulmonology. Practical training takes place mostly at bedside and in the oupatient setting, with demonstrations of relevant examination techniques and methods. The theoretical training consists of seminars at the Department’s own auditorium. Day 1: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) Day 2: Asthma Day 3: Lung cancer Day 4: Pneumonia, tuberculosis Day 5: Interstitial lung disease
- Teaching methods
- practical group projects, presentations by professionals in the sectors
- Assessment methods
- The semester is closed by completing a simple multiple-choice test covering the information presented at the seminars. A 100% participation is a precondition for granting the credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: úatní zkouška
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Dále klinika zajišťuje: 3 + 3 hod. - ČJ a AJ přednášek z Klinické onkologie (V. ročník), přednášku 2 hod. VI. roč., 10 seminářů VI. roč., 1 hod. před z Kl. onkologie - magistři.
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2017, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/med/spring2017/VLVL9X61c